Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 01-30-2023, 02:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default window track lubrication what do you recommend

What do you recommend to lubricate the tracks and rollers on power window regulator tracks and rollers.
To avoid attracting dirt and debris is a dry lubricant such as WD-40 DRY LUBE WITH PTFE recommended. This sprays on and dries and will not attract dirt but I am not sure how long it lasts or if it lubricates enough with no other grease. Or should an actual lithium based, silicone or synthetic grease be used even though it may attract some dust and dirt.
Please advise or give examples of products you have used with success. I am trying to lube all tracks while I have the regulators out and I want to avoid having to lube often.
I have cleaned all tracks down thoroughly with no residual grease present.
I was also considering a marine grease such as Quicksilver 2-4-C with PTFE which is a lithium based NLGI-2 grease.
This is for a 79 trans am where the windows are heavy and the cars are already known for really slow power windows.
Your advise and experience is much appreciated.
Thank you.

Old 01-30-2023, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have used "Lubriplate" for decades with excellent results. It is a paste type lubricant very similar to what the factory used in appearance from what I have seen. In the 70's we used this Lubriplate for garage door openers, the chain and tracks. I have used it with very good results for just about anything needing long term lubrication.

Tim

Old 01-30-2023, 06:12 PM

I used Lubriplate 105 as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L0034-094.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	606369  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lubriplate 105 Calcium Lube.pdf (209.0 KB, 137 views)

Old 01-31-2023, 10:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks guys,
I see it is a 0 grade grease so is it a brush on grease like anti - seize. Have you had any issues with it getting gummy or hard or attracting dirt? Do you recommend a thin layer of grease in the travel area of the track or just the rollers.
And does this also work well for the pivot points of the regulator arms?