WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:50 PM

Default 06 gto tuner

I have an 06 gto that's pretty much stock. im thinking about buying a thumper cam for it this winter. I'D also like to get a tunner for it but I have no clue what one to get or what kinda power increase ill get with one. if any one could help me with some info on it I would appreciate it. im sorry if this isn't how you post stuff on here, this is my first time on a forum site.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:55 PM

You're doing fine with your post here, welcome to the PY Forums.

Someone with experience in modifying the late model GTOs will come along to help you out soon.

Good luck, Bart
Old 11-03-2013, 05:26 PM

If you are doing a cam a tuner will not help you at all. You will have to get the car professionally tuned by a reputable shop to get the most out of your investment in the cam.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Administrator

If you're not going to go with a cam we sell the SCT ones. Good for stock sets
Old 11-06-2013, 09:47 PM

Tuning on these modern cars can be tricky, You can get a simple hand held tuner or a full bolwn software and interface depending on deep and how much time you want to spend learning, or you could take it to a pro. You can pick either kind up used on another forum if you wait for a deal. There is a guy around here that is very reputable in all of the LS circles, ED Hutchenson (I may have butchered his name). He may be able to do it by mail. The forum to check is http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/

There are also a lot of backyard tuners who can probably do a good job, but that is hard to know. I had a diablo hand held and have moved up to HP tuners Pro, but I am still learning.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Late Model Moderator

where are you located? and what plans do you have for your GTO...hand held tuners are not worth the money when you can get a proper tune and get dyno numbers and see the actual improvements.

PM me your location and I will do my best to point you to a good tuner in your area...
ls1tech.com is also a great resource for tuning in your area if you look in the regional sections