THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71GP76TA View Post
I've used the name Dick Head in the past.
i use the formal version
Richard Noggin.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a personal opinion that all the Youtube / Facebook stuff showing street drifting, drag racing, burnouts, has helped shift this into a public display thing. Ego and showmanship. A social media moment of glory. Also, again my personal opinion, but respect boundaries have changed socially from the old.

Two years ago, due to COVID stay at home angst, a local cruise Main Street started. Great idea! Right? What a safe way to socially interact in a cool way. It started again a week ago here for the season. Now, downtown, with people on sidewalks, we have drifting around corners. We have Main Street drag races. We have some massive burnouts with sideways action in between cars in front and back and people on sidewalks. Cops? They, for some reason are keeping hands off and nowhere to be seen.

Two years ago on this cruise night here, before I realized the idiocy going on, I took the bird down. I had angry looking people staring at me wanting to race. Had a Mustang with a couple bubba's in it come alongside, pace me. So I smiled and gave a friendly wave, and they glared angry looks at me. It is a new mojo out there, and not for me.

Hot rods are about happy, cool, fun, brotherhood. This sheet is about ego, competition (misplaced), me, me, me attitudes, and bad vibes. Whatever..... I am a dinosaur. So I stay at my house in town and listen to 4 hours of racing, burnouts, crazy revving engines, twice a week, in the heart of town.

If this stuff is happening around events elsewhere (like it said was at your event) then there is a national problem. I think something bad is just waiting to happen at this wayward attempt at a cruise here.

Old 01-24-2023, 12:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Update: the waxxers evidently are still not happy. Now they are complaining about the trucks and imports showing up. So they are "approving" the cars now; ie no vintage trucks or imports - just the same C5/6's you see everywhere...

They are issuing new tags now:

Amazon has them 50 for ten bucks. I intend to have a little fun with these dolts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scarebird For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2023, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Now that I have an actual car to take out again, I hope this kind of crap doesn't start here. We have a cars and coffee that draws over 1000 cars almost weekly and has had nearly 1500 cars I am told. Around here, the new "Thing" is called Hooning. Mostly younger guys and gals close off a couple streets, generally in downtown areas and play with their cars, drifting, driving on sidewalks, and doing doughnuts and burnouts. So far, police are not aggressively going after anyone and new policy after last years BLM protests don't allow chasing or high speed pursuits. So the results were predictable. Street takeovers and some pretty wild behavior. The "overreaction" is now cars involved can be confiscated and sold off without ANY due process. It may keep some people away, but the majority of the real dangerous activity if from kids in stolen cars without a license or insurance. So it's not getting to the root of the problem. Just like "cars and coffee", the few who are really doing dangerous stuff are not being addressed. A couple off duty cops at the event seems like a much better approach.

Old 01-24-2023, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
..A couple off duty cops at the event seems like a much better approach.
Yes. But then these control freaks would not get their jollies.

Old 01-24-2023, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
I’d just fill out that form with b.s. mr. Jack Meoff at 123 Fake street, etc.
Mike Hunt.

Old 01-24-2023, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hugh.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kNJJjTQ82lY

Old 01-24-2023, 03:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
Mike Hunt.
Hugh Janus

I use that one a lot hahah

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 01-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dick Soares from Beeton Ontario

Old 01-24-2023, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Richard shrivel from Coldwater. I used to call my wife at her work saying this ,the kids (30 somethings) answering the phone never caught on until she told them. coldwater Michigan is an actual city..

Old 01-24-2023, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was always a Phil McCracken fan.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 01-24-2023, 06:18 PM
Senior Chief

I always like Richard Cranium.

Old 01-24-2023, 09:45 PM

or, Harry P Ness

Old 01-26-2023, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Said flyer:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CNC flyer.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	606093  

Old 01-26-2023, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebird View Post
Said flyer:

Well it looks like they're doing their best to kill the show.

The C&C I go to kept expanding, so they expanded with it. There's gotta be 800+ cars every time. Seems to grow by the month.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 01-26-2023, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sadly so. Some damn HOA Karen lawyer is going to choke out this neat little gathering. There is some really neat metal in this town, from high end Ferraris to Honda Beats but this chode is going to restrict it to the same boring Corvettes and GT3's...

Old 01-26-2023, 11:17 PM
Senior Chief

Connie Lingus, and her sister, Ana..............

Old 01-26-2023, 11:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
I have a personal opinion that all the Youtube / Facebook stuff showing street drifting, drag racing, burnouts, has helped shift this into a public display thing. Ego and showmanship. A social media moment of glory. Also, again my personal opinion, but respect boundaries have changed socially from the old.

Two years ago, due to COVID stay at home angst, a local cruise Main Street started. Great idea! Right? What a safe way to socially interact in a cool way. It started again a week ago here for the season. Now, downtown, with people on sidewalks, we have drifting around corners. We have Main Street drag races. We have some massive burnouts with sideways action in between cars in front and back and people on sidewalks. Cops? They, for some reason are keeping hands off and nowhere to be seen.

Two years ago on this cruise night here, before I realized the idiocy going on, I took the bird down. I had angry looking people staring at me wanting to race. Had a Mustang with a couple bubba's in it come alongside, pace me. So I smiled and gave a friendly wave, and they glared angry looks at me. It is a new mojo out there, and not for me.

Hot rods are about happy, cool, fun, brotherhood. This sheet is about ego, competition (misplaced), me, me, me attitudes, and bad vibes. Whatever..... I am a dinosaur. So I stay at my house in town and listen to 4 hours of racing, burnouts, crazy revving engines, twice a week, in the heart of town.

If this stuff is happening around events elsewhere (like it said was at your event) then there is a national problem. I think something bad is just waiting to happen at this wayward attempt at a cruise here.
You do realize that is exactly what they said about muscle car owners from 67 -72 and probably into the 80s ? Before that the guys who built hot rods from model As and model Ts ripping up the streets .

Did you NOT blow donuts in your bird and race light to light? Do burnouts all over town. If not you missed the whole purpose of your car. We cruised 200 deep in my town on a Friday and Saturday night the strip was bumper to bumper all night, one ,mcDonald’s through the BK and up to the other one on the other side of town through every crowded parking lot along the way. If they are out cruising they probably are staying out of worse trouble.
Since when wasn’t a muscle car about ego and bragging rights? Has anyone seen American graffiti? That’s what my town was like, lots of drag racing , and lots of fun!

I do actually agree these ricers aren’ usually very ,muscle car friendly but the rest is pretty much the same. That’s just how it is after the fast and furious shows pitted them against each other.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 01-27-2023, 12:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebird View Post
The M16 I fired in the Navy wasn't full auto either.
An M16 and an ar15 are NOT the same thing, but how could you tell it was an M16 without pulling the bolt group?

It sounds like ( from what you said yourself) you guys caused your own issues complaining about these guys and it backfired.

I’d say get a group together and buy the parking lot and then you can do what you want, Funny how mandates and invading privacy is good for SOME things and not others?
maybe get CNN to do an expose?

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 01-27-2023, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
An M16 and an ar15 are NOT the same thing, but how could you tell it was an M16 without pulling the bolt group?
You cannot tell if an AR15/M16 rifle is full auto by the bolt carrier. A lot of semi-auto AR15's have a "full auto" bolt carrier. When the M16 is used in training and some competitions there is a stamped metal piece that is sandwiched between the lower and the pistol grip that will prevent rotation of the selector past semi. It's similar in design to the tab put in Firebird Qjet carb linkage that only allowed them to open 90%. There's a good chance that our Navy vet may have fired one of these M16's in qualifications with the full auto blocking tab in place.

The Following User Says Thank You to JLBIII For This Useful Post: