Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 10-13-2022, 11:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

yes, I actually remember seeing it in the mag years ago. aware its not available I shoulda been clear on that.

just inquiring the cost of a streetable under the hood firebird turbo set up. for a PONTIAC motor.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:06 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eodcoduto View Post
Its similar to the Banks 6.2 diesel kit so in today’s dollars it would run around $4000. Add $2500 if you are swapping in an efi system. The exhaust crossovers will be the biggest fab challenge, and then finding the right expert to recommed the turbo.
If you have a proper spreadsheet (like the one Borg Warner has on their website for turbo selection) you can get in the ball park fairly easily.

https://www.borgwarner.com/aftermark...rgers/matchbot

The Experts are the Borg Warner Engineers who do the Turbo Design on the parts.

Not suggesting Garrett turbos as they have had company issues over the years.

Garrett Air Research has filed bankruptcy a few times and changed their company name a few times. Not sure what they offer in turbos these days as they might get an order from you and file for bankruptcy before you get your part(s), but maybe you would get the parts. Flip of the coin deal.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 10-14-2022, 11:54 AM
Pontiac Performance Author

EOD: Are you going to fab your own exhaust plumbing? Your local high performance exhaust can fabriicate it quickly and hopefully inexspesively. That's wherre we went to have our porototype plumbed.

Old 10-14-2022, 02:37 PM

There really aren’t any performance shops around me, Butler Pontiac is about an hour north of here but even most muffler shops charging over $100 an hour labor it will be cheaper for me to mock it up in the garage and then maybe have someone professional do it when I take them the prototype