Old 11-13-2022, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Mecum Kissimmee

Mecum Kissimmee has some awesome looking RA IV Judges coming up. (and GTO's)

The Chuck Cocoma Judge & GTO Ram Air IV Collection

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 11-14-2022, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's a high dollar collection! I'd love to have any of them, but the 70' black Judge would be my first choice.

62' Lemans, Nostalgia Super Stock, 541 CI, IA2 block, billet 4.5" crank, Ross, Wide port Edelbrocks, Gustram intake, 2 4150 style BLP carbs, 2.10 Turbo 400, 9" w/4:30 gears, 8.76 @153, 3100lbs
The Following User Says Thank You to Gary H For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Any Pontiac mans ultimate collection! ADD a few RAM IV birds and you have it all.

The Following User Says Thank You to necdb3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post

Will be there!

The Following User Says Thank You to tallrandyb For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 01:39 AM
Senior Chief

I will be there but unless I win the lottery I will just be a spectator!

Old 12-09-2022, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There is a thread on here from years ago where I tried to get accounts of all the known 1970 Ram IV Judge Convertibles. Seems like the number was 12 cars ,,, I think that was even said to be the total production ( aka 100% survival rate )

Only 2 were Orbit Orange
The other OO has Saddle Interior and Gold Top - 4spd

Going to wild guess the Mecum car will top 500k
Uncle Judge posted some pictures of this car a few years ago , so he probably knows some of its provenance.

Going to be a great event in Kissimmee for sure
WOW

Old 12-10-2022, 12:23 AM
Senior Chief

I have not gone through all the listings yet but it seems like this auction will have the most Judges ever at a auction.

I once owned a 70 OO Judge RA IV 4 speed hardtop. It was a roller with a blown up motor. If I knew then what I know now!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mcronk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2022, 01:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You gotta wonder if having so many judges at one show will bring in more high dollar bidders raising prices, or if it’s going to give all the bidders available something to bid on lowering prices . Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Old 12-10-2022, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Cocoma cars are incredible. There is a write up on them in the recent Legend/GTOAA club magazine.

Old 12-10-2022, 12:48 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
You gotta wonder if having so many judges at one show will bring in more high dollar bidders raising prices, or if it’s going to give all the bidders available something to bid on lowering prices . Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.
My thinking as well. I am in the market for a 69 Judge. I have been restoring, racing, cruising Pontiacs for over 30 years and always wanted one. Came close a few times but always thought they were overpriced. LOL! Now they are really "overpriced"! I think the RA IV Judges will bring top dollar maybe even break a record with the OO Convertible. However a "standard" Judge (RA III hardtop) may actually get "lost" in all the hype for the more rare Judges. Especially if it is not a popular color combination.

Old 12-12-2022, 01:01 AM
Senior Chief

Jim Mattison's Aegean Blue RA II 4 speed GTO will be a no reserve auction at Mecum Kissimmee 2023. He sold the car back in 2016 at BJ auction. It will be interesting to see if the audience even understands what this car is and what bids it will bring.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-54...to-ram-air-ii/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mcronk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 03:18 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post

I know Chuck and met him years ago at a Pontiac show. He is in his 80's now and my guess is he is selling off his collection. I spoke with him on the phone a few years ago when he wanted to buy my car. My car wasn't for sale, but I was flattered he wanted it. Chuck is a very knowledgeable and wonderful person so I hope he can really get some serious money from his collection. I know Chuck has other Pontiacs too, but I have no idea if he plans to offer up these cars for sale.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ram Air IV Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2022, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcronk View Post
Jim Mattison's Aegean Blue RA II 4 speed GTO will be a no reserve auction at Mecum Kissimmee 2023. He sold the car back in 2016 at BJ auction. It will be interesting to see if the audience even understands what this car is and what bids it will bring.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-54...to-ram-air-ii/
Mecum with No Reserve on a high-dollar car is a gutsy move. I took my 70 RAIV GTO to Mecum Indy about 10 years ago, but had a reserve and I'm glad I did. Car was a no-sale at about $75k, IIRC.

Old 12-13-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcronk View Post
My thinking as well. I am in the market for a 69 Judge. I have been restoring, racing, cruising Pontiacs for over 30 years and always wanted one. Came close a few times but always thought they were overpriced. LOL! Now they are really "overpriced"! I think the RA IV Judges will bring top dollar maybe even break a record with the OO Convertible. However a "standard" Judge (RA III hardtop) may actually get "lost" in all the hype for the more rare Judges. Especially if it is not a popular color combination.
I'll be there and I'll be watching. Lowest estimate right now for one unrestored is $150K, most of their estimates are in the $200-300K range. The OO vert is "call for estimate".

Old 12-13-2022, 11:31 PM
Senior Chief

I have attended this auction for quite a few years now. I have seen cars sell well below and above the estimates.

The gentlemen who is offering the 68 RA II car has some high end winged cars at the auction as well. The GTO may get "lost" in the shuffle with all the high profile cars there.

RA II cars have no badging or wings or anything that makes them look different than a standard GTO. It could be the best deal of the auction.