Old 01-02-2002, 04:56 AM

I have a '54 Pontiac and can't quite find out precisely what model it is. Where can I find that information out (using the serial numbers I have, using body styling, etc.)

Thanks,
Andre

Old 01-02-2002, 04:56 AM

I have a '54 Pontiac and can't quite find out precisely what model it is. Where can I find that information out (using the serial numbers I have, using body styling, etc.)

Thanks,
Andre

Old 01-02-2002, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Look for a body tag, and post the style number example 2837SD is a 8 cylinder Catalina Coupe Custom. Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:01 AM

Try to get a hold of a copy of a Pontiac master parts catalog that covers 1954. they are sometimes available on CD's.Near the front of the book there will be a listing of all the body style numbers,(this is the number on the upper left hand corner of the firewall tag under the hood)this will tell you what model it is.

If you are restoring this car the master parts book is an excellent investment anyway .It may tell you what other years or models of Pontiac use the same part. As well as providing invaluable illustrations of how things are put together, (in case you take it apart and can't remember how to put it back together)