Old 10-01-2019, 09:51 AM

Default 68-69 Hideaway Light Retaining Rings and Buckets

After my 69 GTO Low Beam hideaway light retaining rings broke off, I ordered new retaining rings and come to find only 2 of the 4 new retaining rings would work and that was on the drivers side and the reproduction retaining rings do not have the U notch like my originals that clears the spring just a slot. It states on pg. 87 in the latest Ames catalog hideaway lights are unique to the 68-69 GTO's that had them and they do not make reproduction hideaway buckets. Have any of you 68-69 GTO owners encountered the same problem?

Carousel72TRed

Old 10-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Senior Chief

Page 93: https://secure.amesperf.com/qilan/Se..._part_num=b195

`70 GTO, 370 hp, 3:90, TH400.
The Following User Says Thank You to hakansan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2019, 10:31 AM

Default Re: 68-69 Hideaway Light Retaining Rings & Buckets

Hi Hahaksan,
I got the retaining rings for the 65-67 GTO by mistake by Ames 2 of the 4 rings fit and I also got the 4 ring set and the same thing. These rings are really for non hideaway cars. Hideaway light retaining rings and buckets are unique to hideaway cars and they do not reproduce them. I am working on a solution one of which is to use the tabs from the retaining rings I ordered and use the tabs on them and place them on the right locations to line up with the buckets.

Carousel72TRed