Performance Parts For Sale/Wanted Just Performance, non-stock, trailers, tools and related accessories here.

Old 08-19-2021, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az
Default 74 455 running, upgraded shortblock

Offering this 455 Pontiac short block that is currently in my GTO. It is a good running , reliable engine. I use this engine daily as primary transportation so I have to depend on it and you can too. I built it myself a few years ago, have been building these since the mid 70s so, have decades of experience building Pontiac V8s.
It is a 2 bolt engine, was bored +.030" for 462". Shortblock has many smart upgrades including- Forged pistons, moly rings, stock rods prepped and sized with ARP bolts, has the more desirable '103' 455 crank, windage tray, later model baffled pan with better rear gasket seal, silicone rear main seal, etc- does not leak or overheat. Being an engine set up on the loose side ( as I like them ) with forged pistons and some miles, it does use a little oil but, not bad at all. Hardly noticeable I built it 2-3 years back and it has about 60,000 miles on it ( I drive it alot and depend on it ). Engine has not been hot rodded or abused. Has never been over revved or overheated, etc. Used as transportation and some towing only. Tows well, plenty of torque.

Only reason I am offering it is I am reinstalling the original 455HO engine to the car so, will not need it.
This 455 engine currently has 72 455HO round port heads that I need to keep as they are original to the car. This is why I am offering it as a short block.

This short block can be used 'as is' in your car or can be 'freshened up' with a new set of rings, or a rebuild depending on your needs.
You can use whatever cam, heads, intake, ign you care to for your personal needs and expectations. I can recommend some these options if helpful to you based on over a million miles of experience with Pontiac V8s.
Engine is currently running and being used daily as primary transportation as stated. It will be pulled in the coming weeks for the swap and can be heard and seen prior to. Am offering it as an assembled 455 short block in good running condition and it includes- assembled block, crank, pistons/rods, oil pan and pump, flexplate and balancer. You will need- cam/lifters, t chain assy, head, ign and intake, etc.
I also have other engine parts you may be interested in for this engine or another- heads, manifolds, dist, timing covers to complete this engine.
This 455 engine has the 5 motor mount holes on each side so, it will fit in most any Pontiac from 1959-1981 with minimal issues. Am very familiar with interchange and can help supply parts of info to fit or install this engine.
I live in eastern Arizona near St Johns. This is about an hour south of I-40 not too far from NM border. I commute with the GTO regularly to the Phx area and have a place in Maricopa. It can be inspected at either location and anywhere in between. not interested in crating or shipping but, I if purchased, I can store it until shipping could be arranged if helpful. email direct steve@pontiacheaven.org or message on facebook- Steve Barcak or Pontiac Heaven thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00N0N_lhXwCJUl9ggz_0kC0dM_600x450.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	571636  

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 08-19-2021, 11:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Hey Steve, what’s the price?

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 08-20-2021, 02:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
Offering this 455 Pontiac short block that is currently in my GTO. It is a good running , reliable engine. I use this engine daily as primary transportation so I have to depend on it and you can too. I built it myself a few years ago, have been building these since the mid 70s so, have decades of experience building Pontiac V8s.
It is a 2 bolt engine, was bored +.030" for 462". Shortblock has many smart upgrades including- Forged pistons, moly rings, stock rods prepped and sized with ARP bolts, has the more desirable '103' 455 crank, windage tray, later model baffled pan with better rear gasket seal, silicone rear main seal, etc- does not leak or overheat. Being an engine set up on the loose side ( as I like them ) with forged pistons and some miles, it does use a little oil but, not bad at all. Hardly noticeable I built it 2-3 years back and it has about 60,000 miles on it ( I drive it alot and depend on it ). Engine has not been hot rodded or abused. Has never been over revved or overheated, etc. Used as transportation and some towing only. Tows well, plenty of torque.

Only reason I am offering it is I am reinstalling the original 455HO engine to the car so, will not need it.
This 455 engine currently has 72 455HO round port heads that I need to keep as they are original to the car. This is why I am offering it as a short block.

This short block can be used 'as is' in your car or can be 'freshened up' with a new set of rings, or a rebuild depending on your needs.
You can use whatever cam, heads, intake, ign you care to for your personal needs and expectations. I can recommend some these options if helpful to you based on over a million miles of experience with Pontiac V8s.
Engine is currently running and being used daily as primary transportation as stated. It will be pulled in the coming weeks for the swap and can be heard and seen prior to. Am offering it as an assembled 455 short block in good running condition and it includes- assembled block, crank, pistons/rods, oil pan and pump, flexplate and balancer. You will need- cam/lifters, t chain assy, head, ign and intake, etc.
I also have other engine parts you may be interested in for this engine or another- heads, manifolds, dist, timing covers to complete this engine.
This 455 engine has the 5 motor mount holes on each side so, it will fit in most any Pontiac from 1959-1981 with minimal issues. Am very familiar with interchange and can help supply parts of info to fit or install this engine.
I live in eastern Arizona near St Johns. This is about an hour south of I-40 not too far from NM border. I commute with the GTO regularly to the Phx area and have a place in Maricopa. It can be inspected at either location and anywhere in between. not interested in crating or shipping but, I if purchased, I can store it until shipping could be arranged if helpful. email direct steve@pontiacheaven.org or message on facebook- Steve Barcak or Pontiac Heaven thank you
asking price is $1,800 outright, no exchange.

Hosting-
Old 08-20-2021, 02:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
Hey Steve, what’s the price?
forgot to put it in $1,800

Hosting-
Old 08-22-2021, 06:46 AM
Senior Chief

what forged pistons? 7cc, 18cc,? Would assume the 7cc replacements as your heads are probably 114 cc?

Old 08-24-2021, 10:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

pistons are 2359 sealed power trw style

Hosting-
Old 10-25-2021, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

shortblock has been sold. going into a 67 Tempest

Hosting-
Old 01-17-2022, 03:41 PM
Senior Chief

Steve, just shot you an email about a rebuildable/complete 400 or 455 for my 69 Bird, please get back to me.

Thanks!

Jim

310-833-6632