Old 09-24-2021, 10:32 PM

Default frame paint

Im restoring a 69 judge and was wondering what is the best paint to spray the frame with, any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

Old 09-27-2021, 02:32 AM
Suspended

The Por-15 chassis black pant is a good choice. Just prep the surface really well.

Old 09-27-2021, 08:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sandblast the Frame to bare metal, spray with BLACK epoxy primer, then topcoat with a good black paint. I like Eastwood's Ceramic chassis coat black. If on a budget, I helped a friend out and we actually thinned and sprayed rustolum satin black and it turned out really nice so a possible option. Has held up for 10 plus years now and looks great. Also I highly recommend SPI brand epoxy primer as it is the best bang for the buck that I have used on all my restorations. Also depending on how you are, if you want to fill in the rust pits after having the frame blasted, you will want to use epoxy primer. I have used Por-15 early on but do not like it and stopped using it, most everyone who restores cars for a living stays away from it as well.... Just my 2 cents and something to think about. Good Luck with your project.

Old 09-27-2021, 04:47 PM

Default frame paint

i sand blasted frame and shot epoxy primer. I was gonna top with eastwood 2k ceramic satin black . I used it on my 66 gto .i ordered some but eastwood told me at least month out on back order. Like to find something i can get sooner.