Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 06-11-2012, 03:29 PM

Default need help removing dash from 72 Le Mans

I need to remove the dash trim on my Le Mans so I can install a new stereo. I pulled the old one out, removed the head light knob/nut, removed the screws in each instrument hole, but it seems to be stuck still. The wiper switch seems to be holding it, but can not see how to remove it. Any suggestions or how-to write ups would be great.
Thanks

Old 06-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to SteveGB21
Default The link below.

$300 LeMans,

Check the link below:

http://www.justdashes.com/PontiacPerf.htm

When I did the dash on my LeMans, this was the link that really helped me out.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:44 PM

I have worked on a lot of cars over the years and pulled many dashes out. (worked for a dealer as a mechanic) I have never seen one that you have to pull the whole dash out just to get the bezel off or the instruments out.
With that said, I did pull it out and it did not take me very long, maybe 25 minutes.
This does help, my son wants to change the interior color and this will make it easier to paint the metal parts, and dye the dash pad.