Old 01-18-2022, 06:15 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
So what your saying is cars with 275 tires have no more accidents then cars with slicks that are wider.......you know normal tires!

GTO George
I'm saying that fast cars sometime wreck, plain and simple...You can say whatever you feel like saying.

Old 01-18-2022, 06:18 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
I'm saying that fast cars sometime wreck, plain and simple...You can say whatever you feel like saying.
Forget it you win...............LOL!
Lets move on.

GTTO George

Old 01-18-2022, 06:19 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Forget it you win...............LOL!
Lets move on.

GTTO George
I knew i'd win before we ever started...Next?

Old 01-18-2022, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This thread ended with post #58

Old 01-18-2022, 06:24 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
No.57 but you are right!

GTO George

Old 01-18-2022, 07:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
True story!

Old 01-18-2022, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Eheads long gone dinosaurs, y'all better start yapping SMthfmf hum chow!

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds

Last edited by J.C.you; 01-18-2022 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.you View Post
Eheads long gone dinosaurs, y'all better start yapping SMthfmf hum chow!
Speed Master are junk! Just ask anyone that doesn’t own a set!

Old 01-18-2022, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Most informative post I've seen in the last two pages. Don't you know this ... Everybody knows that... Good grief!

62' Lemans, Nostalgia Super Stock, 541 CI, IA2 block, billet 4.5" crank, Ross, Wide port Edelbrocks, Gustram intake, 2 4150 style BLP carbs, 2.10 Turbo 400, 9" w/4:30 gears, 8.76 @153, 3100lbs
Old 01-18-2022, 09:49 PM
Senior Chief

Sorry guys...Sometimes its a little fun to spin George up.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:47 PM
Suspended

I didn't have many brain cells to start with but I'm pretty sure I've lost a few reading this...
Pontiacs are a novelty in the race world of today.. they are only competitive ( as Langer said) under small block rules and will never be in the hunt at the top levels..
Even under said rules, you have to have deep pockets to compete and win... I can't even imagine the money Langer has spent to develop the program he has.. most likely, my pension, 401k and SSC benefits...

Old 01-18-2022, 10:53 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
I didn't have many brain cells to start with but I'm pretty sure I've lost a few reading this...
Pontiacs are a novelty in the race world of today.. they are only competitive ( as Langer said) under small block rules and will never be in the hunt at the top levels..
Even under said rules, you have to have deep pockets to compete and win... I can't even imagine the money Langer has spent to develop the program he has.. most likely, my pension, 401k and SSC benefits...
Do you consider the all billet piece, from Visner, to still be a Pontiac?

Old 01-18-2022, 10:55 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Do you consider the all billet piece, from Visner, to still be a Pontiac?
Which one, they have a couple.. all of their heads are billet I believe..

Old 01-18-2022, 10:56 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Which one, they have a couple.. all of their heads are billet I believe..
Any of them, as well as their billet block.

Old 01-18-2022, 11:01 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Any of them, as well as their billet block.
My take is this, as long as it's a stock bore spacing, I can get on board with it being Pontiac.. don't care about the head layout.. Pontiac did make a RAV so heads with that layout fit..
Not that my opinion matter..

Old 01-18-2022, 11:04 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
My take is this, as long as it's a stock bore spacing, I can get on board with it being Pontiac.. don't care about the head layout.. Pontiac did make a RAV so heads with that layout fit..
Not that my opinion matter..
What do you think some of those can do with some money behind them? A max effort combo.

Old 01-18-2022, 11:12 PM
Suspended

Quote:
What do you think some of those can do with some money behind them? A max effort combo.
Chase a Proline down the track.. Do you think a Pontiac at the same weight and ci could compete with Ron Rhodes on a 275? Hell he's the second fastest SmallBlock out of BES's shop.. the fastest is a grudge racer with a small block ford called "The Silversurfer".. according to Tony B..

Old 01-18-2022, 11:21 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Chase a Proline down the track.. Do you think a Pontiac at the same weight and ci could compete with Ron Rhodes on a 275? Hell he's the second fastest SmallBlock out of BES's shop.. the fastest is a grudge racer with a small block ford called "The Silversurfer".. according to Tony B..
Ron Rhodes' car is the most impressive car in all of drag racing...I'm not talking about it being the baddest of all time...I'm talking about it being a competitive combo...

Look what Langer does with his BES N/A Pontiac...Turn Tony loose with billet parts and an open checkbook and i'd say it would be fast with twins...Would it be Hemi fast? NO, it wouldnt be...But, even you guys run with rules...

But, since you asked about the Pontiac competing with Ron's car under the exact same weight, ci, and tire...I dont think the Hemi would beat Ron either...

Old 01-18-2022, 11:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Ron Rhodes' car is the most impressive car in all of drag racing...I'm not talking about it being the baddest of all time...I'm talking about it being a competitive combo...

Look what Langer does with his BES N/A Pontiac...Turn Tony loose with billet parts and an open checkbook and i'd say it would be fast with twins...Would it be Hemi fast? NO, it wouldnt be...But, even you guys run with rules...

But, since you asked about the Pontiac competing with Ron's car under the exact same weight, ci, and tire...I dont think the Hemi would beat Ron either...
Yes, Langer does well but is in that grey area of small block/Big block... I think he's 572ci and competes at a small block weight I believe.. Not bashing the guy... he is impressive with his program and dedication.. just giving u an example...
Tommy's car was max effort I would say... at least 250k invested... probably more...he did ok but you see the choice he made..

Old 01-18-2022, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yes, Langer does well but is in that grey area of small block/Big block... I think he's 572ci and competes at a small block weight I believe.. Not bashing the guy... he is impressive with his program and dedication.. just giving u an example...
Tommy's car was max effort I would say... at least 250k invested... probably more...he did ok but you see the choice he made..
My 577 runs at BB weight minus 175 for being a Pontiac. If someone would want to try to duplicate my motor, it would be $85k+. That doesnt include any R&D. I have been running the same style castings since 2007. It takes more then a ton of hp to win races, you need the total package, trans, gearing, chassis etc. Tommy might have been able to be competitive with his warp motor. I dont know if he was having any chronic parts failures. I think his tuner was a pro-line guy. Its much easier to put a pro-line motor in there and go. They have a hundred customers with the same exact combo. That means they know what converter to put behind the motor, what gearing to have in the trans, what rear gear to run, what tune-up to run etc. If you have a one off combo, it takes years to figure out what it wants. Years equals hundreds of thousands of dollars of parts, trial and error, testing etc. If you want to win now, pro-line is the ay to go...