THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Senior Chief

[QUOTE=455Grandville;4847864]
And what the hell he said "Double clutching" in that movie , were they driving semis ?/QUOTE]

HA HA I drive a tractor trailer for a living. Let me assure you that the only truck driver out there double clutching is the new guy fresh out of CDL school who can't drive.

Any truck driver worth his salt "floats" the gears. Basically I only use the clutch to start out from a dead stop, other wise I shift without a clutch. Trust me my truck has an 18 speed, you'd have no knee left if you used the clutch every time you shifted.

I never dug the F&F series. Just pure cheese.

Greg
68 Firebird Verdoro Green
428, 6X-4 heads, Comp XE284 cam
Muncie 4 speed
3:73 rear
Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=71SportRagtop;4847966]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 455Grandville View Post
And what the hell he said "Double clutching" in that movie , were they driving semis ?/QUOTE]

HA HA I drive a tractor trailer for a living. Let me assure you that the only truck driver out there double clutching is the new guy fresh out of CDL school who can't drive.

Any truck driver worth his salt "floats" the gears. Basically I only use the clutch to start out from a dead stop, other wise I shift without a clutch. Trust me my truck has an 18 speed, you'd have no knee left if you used the clutch every time you shifted.

I never dug the F&F series. Just pure cheese.
i am actually taking my class 1 tommorow, I am baffled as to why they make you double clutch when its not really needed.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Senior Chief

Sneak peek... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-gNRagtXY

Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 AM
Suspended

Default No Content?

ummm...it's a (movie) franchise.....

Old 02-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajunkman View Post
That is a crazy video. Is that guy on the scooter wearing shorts going that fast?

1968 lemans :In progress!
1970 Bonneville 455 HO convertible (survivor)sold
1969 firebird
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Hammertime Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68lemansman View Post
That is a crazy video. Is that guy on the scooter wearing shorts going that fast?
I wanna see a time slip !!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71SportRagtop View Post

Exactly Greg. Besides your knee, you'd have no leg left. More than likely ruin the clutch and transmission a lot faster too. I love teaching a newbie how to shift.... I tell em to slow down, it's not a speed shift. If you grind the gears I'm gonna slap you up side the head. Works most of the time. LOL

When you can shift a diesel without a clutch, it's actually faster than using the dam thing. And so much smoother too.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Exactly Greg. Besides your knee, you'd have no leg left. More than likely ruin the clutch and transmission a lot faster too. I love teaching a newbie how to shift.... I tell em to slow down, it's not a speed shift. If you grind the gears I'm gonna slap you up side the head. Works most of the time. LOL

When you can shift a diesel without a clutch, it's actually faster than using the dam thing. And so much smoother too.
Ya know what's bad though? My daily driver used to be my 94 Wrangler. I'd drive my tractor trailer all day and then hop into my Jeep to drive home. Usually I'd get about halfway home and realize that I had been floating the gears in my Jeep too....I guess I'm lucky the tranny held out as long as it did.

Greg
68 Firebird Verdoro Green
428, 6X-4 heads, Comp XE284 cam
Muncie 4 speed
3:73 rear
Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71SportRagtop View Post
Ya know what's bad though? My daily driver used to be my 94 Wrangler. I'd drive my tractor trailer all day and then hop into my Jeep to drive home. Usually I'd get about halfway home and realize that I had been floating the gears in my Jeep too....I guess I'm lucky the tranny held out as long as it did.
HA, I do that in my 91 XJ

I think the syncros in those Aisin trannys are pretty sloppy which makes it easy

only other car that I can do that easily is my 97 TA

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you haven't seen it watch the movie 'Knight and Day' with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. She's driving a gorgeous Martinique Bronze 66 GTO in the movie. Best movie with a GTO I've seen so far.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:57 AM
PY VIP

Concerning Fast & Furious Movies just a side note. Not sure which one it was but in the opening minutes of the one the main actor(s) are driving what appears to be a Grand National. Our company supplied some of the parts that was used on that car(s) as I am sure more than one car was used. The body shop that did the work bought like 4 sets of everything from us mostly cosmetic items.

Anytime a popular car is used in a movie that is great PR for the brand. Although I have not seen it I think Chevy was heavily involved with Arnolds latest move Last Stand or whatever its called.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

again sorry if I strayed slightly from the topic.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Suspended

Talking "...it's the Bandit!!!..."

Can't wait for SMOKEY and the BANDIT VI to compare to Fast & Flirtatious 6...