Old 06-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ever get out of a ticket?

have you ever got out of a ticket from johnny law?
if i had received every ticket i deserved i wouldnt have a license for a 100 years.
of course now they wont let you drive home on a promise if you were pulled over for a dui

Old 06-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I was seventeen with my first car, a 70 LeMans, cruising the dock. Understand this was like bumper to bumper traffic on a friday or saturday night sometimes taking 45 minutes to drive the total loop of about half a mile. I saw some friends, did a brief one wheeled smoke show and kept moving. About a minute later I feel and hear and feel a loud thud like someone hit my car. Turning around with quite a scowl on my face, I see that someone did hit my car, but it was a motorcycle cop who came up between the cars and kicked my side pipe to get my attention. Oh crap.
I pulled into the closest alley, sweating bullets as it seemed like an eternity even though it was probably only a few minutes. Well, he starts telling me the costs for each of the fines I face, the burnout thing, tailpipe sticking out too far, four bad tires (rears looked like slicks they were so bald) and fortunately he didn't see my inspection was out too. After all this, he tells me instead of giving me the fines I should put the money into the car. And have a good night he said. Very cool of him.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:47 AM

Yeah I beat a few but the most memorable was with my turbo Regal in a Mcdonalds parking lot. It was a dead Sun eve and the group I ran with had decided to go to a buddy's house to see what was up there. As we were leaving I spooled the turbo up against the brake and proceeded to cover the lot with tire smoke, not knowing there was a cop sitting behind the dumpsters doing paperwork.

I think he was in shock that someone would do that while he was sitting there. As I went by he flipped the rollers on and I pulled the car across the alley into another lot and waited on him. After about a 10 minute asschewing session he started to repeat himself and I asked If he was gonna repeat the whole speach twice [I had nothing to lose as I was caught dead to rights] That flustered him enough that he handed back my license and told me to get out of town and not come back that night.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 06-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

got one here
back in the 70;s if you got caught driving a little drunk sonetines if you could still walk they would even let you drive home if you promised to do so.
well i was out with a friend drinking and having a good old time when i was driving and it seemed to take everything i had to stay in the road,,i just knew i was doing at least 50 or 60 but when i looked at the speedometer it only showed 15mph..
man i realised i was really drunk so i pulled over at a flea market parking lot to get a little sober
after a few minutes a county cop pulls in behind me and comes up to me and asks me to roll my window down
i was in the process of restoring my insides of the car and only had a drivers seat in it with a beanbag for my friend to sit on.
the window crank was loose as we would swap it back and forth when we needed to use it.
we were so drunk we couldnt find it and i ask the officer to stick his finget in the hole and push and the door would open up.
my friend thought that was funny and began to laugh and it make the officer a little pissed.
after several questions the officer realised that i had stopped my car and was trying to sober up a little
he told me that he couldnt give me a ticket and i said huh?
he pointed to my hood and said that part of my car is in the county and my seating area was in the city as i had parked right across the line
so he told me he got off in 5 hours and if i was still here when he got off work he would let me go ,,,if not he would get the city cops to issue me a dui ticket
took all my beer and drove off..
well didnt get the beer in the trunk so we just sat there and got even more wasted
ahh the good times
where are they now

Old 06-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

got out of more than a few that in today's world no early-20s kid with a few beers in him would ever walk--or drive away from. best was probably when i was coming back from a bar about 2:30 am, dropped a smoke, landed on a greasy rag on the passenger floor and that went up quite nicely and fast. dumb drunk-ass me keeps on going while trying to get at the nice little inferno blazing on the floor. didn't even see the statie, i probably passed him going the other way while swerving all over trying to get at the fire. he' pulls me over, by which time i've managed to put the fire out, gags on the stench, asks what the hell is going on (don't think i had to worry about him smelling my breath). i told him what had happened, and he just waved me on my way after asking if i was sure the fire was out. didn't hurt that i knew him from my high school days. ;~)

Old 06-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I went to show a buddy of mine my new backhalf job on my GTO. Stopped in where he works. He come out and looks it over and says...Take me for a ride. In we hop...put on the harnesses, light it off and away we go. I took it real easy...ya know, let him wander. We get about 4 miles down the road....long straight away...4 way intersection, and I turn on my rh turn signal. I turned around....got back out onto the main highway...looked in the mirror...no cars....look down the long straight-away....no cars, and said "you ready"? He grinned and I landed on it 1st gear to 6,200rpm....2nd gear to 6,200rpm...into drive....6,200rpm...and let off. He's grinnin' and has this half scared, half delighted look on his face, and I let it back down to 55mph. I get to the S bend down the road bout 2 miles, look in the rear view mirror and I see a Police cruiser gaining rapidly on us. I just drove along at 55mph. He catches up to us and I said...."don't look now, Paul....there's a cop behind us". He says "Uh Oh....I don't have very good luck w/ cops", so I said I'd take care of everything....Just leave the talking up to me. Just as we get back to where Paul works, I put on my turn signal and on come the wig-wags. I pull in and stop the car....unbuckle the harness and step out of the GTO. The officer comes up to the car and states "This is not a dragstrip"!.....I agreed and stated that the were no other cars on the road and I was not in fact drag racing. He says..I know you weren't racing and if I had my radar gun ready you'd be getting a ticket! I was sitting over at the DOT salt bin when I heard your car! The only reason you slowed down was because there was traffic in front of you! (I didn't want to tell him that there was no other traffic on the road.....it has a cast crank and rods in it and I don't like revving it past 6,200rpm)
He asked that I please watch my speed and as he turned to walk back to his cruiser...he stopped...turned around and said "Nice car by the way"! As I got back into the car, I look at Paul to see him shaking his head. I said WHAT? He says "If that had been me, I'd be in handcuffs by now! I can't believe you didn't even get a ticket! With that, I took him back to work, and went back by the salt bin....@ 55mph.