Old 08-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

uneasyrider considering most europeans ordering tru euro part dealers. they pay 75/125% on top of the usa prices . guys like myself who import direckly from the usa still have to pay shiping overseas and 25% taxes ontop of the shiping and parts prices !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. needles to say lot of people dont take real good care of there cars and ore dont get the most bang for there buck .... my bird is/wil be build for the rezens you just mentiond nuerberg ring and euro touring lololol feel free to ship your car over together with big kahuna and join us neckst year and orginize our own cannonball raliegh lolololol

Old 08-14-2005, 11:06 PM

Talking top ending Nevada style

Hey guys..the sept issue of Hot rod has a pretty good section on a high speed race in the eastern US..its cool to see some press about top speed contests and not just drag racing..even the article made a mention that the street legal drags should crown a "quickest" street car not "fastest" ......another part talked about if your vehicle needs 80 hp to go 100 mph..it'd take 8 TIMES that to go 200 mph..so apx 640 hp..of course if you have a slippery car such as an F-40 or other like supercar it could be done with 500 or so....kinda makes a person respect what it takes to run 300 mph at el mirage or bonneville!

1991 USMC KLR-250 "devil dogs" X's 2
1979 M-151 US Army Hooah!
1975 A-350 Condor Swiss army motorcycle 1 of 3000 made
1974 A-350 Condor Swiss army " " "
1966 M-274 A2 mule USMC
1966 M-274 A2 mule USMC
-------------------------------------
"Gort, Klatu barada nickto"
Old 08-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage david
uneasyrider considering most europeans ordering tru euro part dealers. they pay 75/125% on top of the usa prices . guys like myself who import direckly from the usa still have to pay shiping overseas and 25% taxes ontop of the shiping and parts prices !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. needles to say lot of people dont take real good care of there cars and ore dont get the most bang for there buck .... my bird is/wil be build for the rezens you just mentiond nuerberg ring and euro touring lololol feel free to ship your car over together with big kahuna and join us neckst year and orginize our own cannonball raliegh lolololol
Man dave! That is EXPENSIVE! You are a TRUE PONCHO FANATIC to pay that! That sucks that you have to pay so much for your fun.

If I ever win the lottery I'll have to come over and drive with you guys! I sure wish I had the money to go do it. Heck, with the way it looks like my job is going I wont have the money to drive my car out of the driveway soon. LOL! That would be a BLAST to Cannonball across Europe! Take lots of pictures and post them so I can be jealous! LOL!

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 08-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by transam_kahuna
Hey guys..the sept issue of Hot rod has a pretty good section on a high speed race in the eastern US..its cool to see some press about top speed contests and not just drag racing..even the article made a mention that the street legal drags should crown a "quickest" street car not "fastest" ......another part talked about if your vehicle needs 80 hp to go 100 mph..it'd take 8 TIMES that to go 200 mph..so apx 640 hp..of course if you have a slippery car such as an F-40 or other like supercar it could be done with 500 or so....kinda makes a person respect what it takes to run 300 mph at el mirage or bonneville!
I'll have to go pick that issue up! Other than Big Red they RARELY put "road race" stuff in there.

Lets see if the above works out the same in that formula I posted...

hp = mph^3 x frontal area/262500 and add about 30hp for rolling resistance.

Roughing the frontal area as 6ftX4ft = 24ftsq and the Cd [built into the constant (262500)] as 0.4,

hp = (200mph^3 x 24ftsq/262500) + 30hp,

hp = (8,000,000 x 24/262500) + 30,

hp = (192,000,000/262500) + 30

hp = (731) + 30

hp = 761hp...

to get a second gen. TA to 200mph. I would say that is in the ball park. It might be a bit high but it's a good estimate it looks like. At least you would have more hp than you need rather than less. I also roughed the Cd and the frontal area and if I put those in exactly I bet it would be much closer.

― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 08-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneasyrider
Man dave! That is EXPENSIVE! You are a TRUE PONCHO FANATIC to pay that! That sucks that you have to pay so much for your fun.

If I ever win the lottery I'll have to come over and drive with you guys! I sure wish I had the money to go do it. Heck, with the way it looks like my job is going I wont have the money to drive my car out of the driveway soon. LOL! That would be a BLAST to Cannonball across Europe! Take lots of pictures and post them so I can be jealous! LOL!
...................... yes it ait cheap at all . us part dealers dont realy help as wel , cause if they would lower the invoice to lets say 50%, then they could save us some $$$$ while ezsporting out of the usa they dont pay tax annyway .......

Old 08-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The mark-up on parts is VERY high. I took a parts distribution class in high school and found out about all that. Big mark ups in parts. You end up getting double marked up because of the import export fees.

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 08-21-2005, 11:38 PM

Talking top ending Nevada style

Hey Guys..check out the article in the newest camaro err.. car craft..a guy has a top end autobahn 1970 ta..seems top speed vehicles are starting to get popular and we're (finally) getting press!

1991 USMC KLR-250 "devil dogs" X's 2
1979 M-151 US Army Hooah!
1975 A-350 Condor Swiss army motorcycle 1 of 3000 made
1974 A-350 Condor Swiss army " " "
1966 M-274 A2 mule USMC
1966 M-274 A2 mule USMC
-------------------------------------
"Gort, Klatu barada nickto"
Old 08-23-2005, 06:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

kahuna, I think you forgot the link.

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 09-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey David! I found a site that has a couple of those horsepower calculations that will do it automatically.

http://www.dsm.org/tools/calchp.htm

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 09-06-2005, 05:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

that is a cool link uneasy rider !!!

Old 09-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Heres a cool pic on the 200 mph 70 T/A --MAXED OUT PONTIAC 400 --13.5 compression --700 lift Roller cam --race ported 670 heads --4 spd -with a overdrive 4th gear --2.41 rear gears --Z rated 19 inch tires and wheels etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CarCraftTransAm1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	26768  

Last edited by Wareagle; 09-11-2005 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

War, that's COOL! What issue? I want to get a copy of that! COOOOOOL!

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 09-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Uneasyrider--its in the CAR CRAFT October 2005 issue--in there it says he also used a Raymarine GPS system as the regular speedometer is'nt accurate above 140 mph-- .

Old 09-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

COOL! I have to get it! That makes me wonder how fast I was going when I was "theoretically" doing 125mph and my speed'o is off 20%. I calculated I was going 156mph but could I have been going faster or slower? I know I could have been going over 125mph but now I wonder how much over.

P.S. Come to think of it I guess it wouldn't make a difference because the speed'o would only be seeing the rpm's for 125 not 156 so it wouldn't start being off until the speed'o read 140+ and then I would be going faster than the car would go because 136 on my speed'o should be as fast as the car "should" go because that would be 6,000rpm @ 170mph with a speed'o error of 20%. 140 would be 175 which wouldn't be impossable because that would only be around 200 more rpm's. I don't think the cam has valve float until 6,500 or about 185+. Hmmmm, do I have the hp to push it that far???? I'm thinking I better not find out!

― Socrates
― Plato

Last edited by uneasyrider; 09-12-2005 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

posted these pictures in the race section , but i should have posted them here so here they are high speed G-mashine in the making
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	30632   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	30633   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	30634   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	30635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc00539.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	30636  

Old 10-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage david
Saterday me and my frind Juri disided to go driving around in his 71 455 formula with500+ hp. (at first the car was a street strip only , but slowly i convinst him that road ore high way speeding is a league of its own . so over the winter some needed changes where done) we drove to a place where we could go flat out and take corners and drift without the cops being presend and ore catsh up on us becuase there are no on ore off exits .man did we have a blast!!!! constandly acserating upto 125 miles per hour . we did miss a 4th gear as the car still hase a th400 . the torque of that 455 ez can handle 1 ore 2 more gears, as it iz we did it with 3 gears . on the way back we whent wild and catsht up a Yamaha race bike who we blasted by and scared the living day lights out of him with the 3 inch x pipe and the 14 inch goeligh xelerater mufflers . we saw him stunned out and come out of shock and opening up his mashine and take on the chalenge . on this particulare road there are 2 tunnels to drive tru and the sound of the car and the bike together was awesome . he tried to pas us on the right lane, but faild due to a bit of trafic . whe whent back and forward more then ones , witch viseble took toll on his strenght keeping his bike under control . in the end he was waveing and giveing thumbs up and was kinda chearing us on lolololol . we emtyd the full fuel tank in less the a hour drive , witch costs a 150% more then filling it in the usa!!!! but man did we have a blast .ps forgive my spelling!!!
I would love an explanation on the hood, Ive seen this ugly mess a few times and I just dont get it? why? 3 scoops going in different directions? dont take it personally, just explain, with reason hehe, thanks (car on the lead post)

Old 10-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

my frind had the local parts guy ordering the car craft 501 hp injun engine parts . unknown to this guy , the performer rpm thus not fit under the hood. my frind thusend speek english very wel and was not aware of the TII manifold , thats the rezen the hood skoop was added .

Old 10-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Any of you guys EVER want to drive some of the nicest roads that I have EVER driven in some of the prettiest country God ever made just drop me a line and I'll take you guys out on the roads up here in good old Eastern Washington and Northern Oregon State's. I've had the old TA out MANY times now and I got it right! It still has some bugs but they are minor. I set it up for these roads and I LOVE IT! It's dry deasert (7in of precipitation a year) and you can see forever. There are canyons and LONG open straights with NOBODY on the road a lot of the year. Spring and Fall are the times the roads get busy because the farmers are planting and harvesting but that's only for a month or so on each end. As long as you are wise about where and when you go out and get it on you will be ok. Not that now and they you wont see a policeman but a radar/lazer detector and a good set of brakes will go a long way to keeping you out of trouble. I should film some of the roads I drive so you guys can see. I can fire up the TA in January and drive it because it can be 60F and sunny here in January. We get that 7in of precipitation in the winter as snow mostly and the snow generally doesn't stay for more than a week and melts off. Not that we don't get a "hard" winter now and then but it's not the norm. There is nothing like a nice drive in the TA down the Columbia River Gorge or out through the Flooded Scab Lands or over the Cascades or the Blue Mountains or even just through Columbia Park along the Columbia River in town on a sunny day.

This is the North Cascades Highway, it's GREAT! This is 300miles Noth of me.

The Columbia River Gorge near Goldendale, WA.

The Cable Bridge between Pasco and Kennewick, WA where I live.

Another of the bridge.

This is more what it looks like by my house. This is the Columbia River North of the Tri-Cities (Richland, Kennewick, Pasco).

The one problem with the desert, the dust storms. BUT, no rust because it's so dry. My car set outside for about 15yrs and there was nothing worse then surface rust on it.

This is the Yakima Valley right about where I live. The Yakima, Snake, and Columbia Rivers meet in the "Tri-City" area.

Another.

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 10-27-2005, 12:39 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Sounds enjoyable! I'll have to take a look, when I someday(?) get west.

Old 10-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds good. Drop me a PM if you're ever over here and we will eat some lunch in Dayton, WA and drive up there via Palouse Falls/Lyons Ferry, it's a GREAT drive.

Palouse Falls

Lyons Ferry State Park. Not the best pictures but it gives you a feel for the area.

Dayton, WA during the Dayton Day's car show. Small town USA at it's best. I love the area. In that picture the main street is the State Highway that has been blocked off for the show. A-typical small town USA, the highway still runs through the middle of town.

― Socrates
― Plato

Last edited by uneasyrider; 10-28-2005 at 07:07 AM.