Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool New to GP Gen 2

Hey guys,

I finally took possession of a '69 Model J that was in my late friend's collection... A bit about the car: it is a verdoro green (aren't they ALL?), black comfort weave interior, non-A/C, manual windows, P/S P/B, 350 hp 400, THREE speed stick, peg leg car.

Drove it home about 40 miles...man this thing pulls hard and the 1-2 shifter 'throw' is surprisingly short.

So, I have a few questions for ya...

1) given the above info, what is the probable rear end ratio? (PHS doesn't specify)

2) did ALL '69s come with the rear window defroster? if not, how common is this?

3) what two letter code will be on the rallye II rim for this car?

4) the car has no tach / gauges ... I am inclined to add gauges and a hood tach. Is it wrong?

5) the wiring is full of surprises... step on the brake and the front parking lites come on; turn on the headlites and the brite indicator is on when it's in low-beam mode; blinkers >pffft!< yeah, right! Any common electrical gremlins with these cars that I use as a staring point for sleuthing out these undocumented 'features'?

6) the sticky rubber coated steering wheel has to GO. What wood wheel is correct for this? Anyone have a used original (imperfect is OK) available for a good price?

Oh, as any good newbie should, I'll post some pics soon...