67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

Default Freeze plugs in head

I am not sure if the person before me had it right. But my heads on this 350 had freeze plugs when I removed it on both heads in the front. Now that was test fitting the intake back on realized should these two Holes have been left open ? Thanks. I took a picture of the intake just so you can see which one it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0755.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	633219   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0756.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	633220  

Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Just realized the gasket that was one there is felpro 90205 and the gasket doesn’t go that far. So that’s why it was plugged. But I see there are other felpro that has the gasket go with a circle so the plugs could out ?

Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's a linky talking about the size of the head plugs:

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=850624

Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Holes at the FRONT should be OPEN. Holes at the REAR should have hole PLUGGED on driver side and passenger side should have a NIPPLE for heater hose.

The Following User Says Thank You to 74SDformula For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM

Ok thanks. I’ll have to pry the fronts out. The back is like you said. I have the nipple on one side and the other rear plugged. Hopefully the fronts removed might help keep it a touch cooler.

Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

While on this topic. What is the middle square port for in the intake. It’s not one of the cylinder ports. I had the smaller felpro gasket in when I tore the motor down. The new gasket I have has these delete plates. Should I use the delete plate to seal it off ? Does it have to be sealed really good? Bc I don’t think that delete plate will seal it 100 percent. See picture. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0760.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	633279  

Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

exhaust crossover some people block it off. i filled mine with aluminum in the heads. Takes just a little longer to heat up the choke but its a nice way to stop an exhaust leak. supposed to be a performance upgrade. yrmv

Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One thing I've learned about Pontiac 350's is to use stock 350 cylinder head gaskets. The 350/400 gaskets have a larger diameter hole for the 400 and I'm convinced it's why the 350 engine I had failed. You can find them on eBay.