THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Champ,I have seen her and pretty much all the drivers sign WAY more autographs then is their duty.These drivers do have a job and I have seen fans do everything including camping out at the pit restrooms to get a autograph.There is a time and a place and they dont often decline to sign something.Tom

Old 06-23-2017, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Toms, The champ never did like her

Old 06-26-2017, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz68 View Post
Toms, The champ never did like her
You misinterpret...

I don't dislike her as a person. She is what she is.

What I dislike is that she is a waste of a quality ride that belongs to a driver with actual talent.

Name me all the Cup drivers in the last 25 years that had only won 1 automobile race in their entire career prior to getting a Cup ride.

It's a real long list - Danica Patrick....

Old 06-26-2017, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Because she brings money to the sport!There are many drivers out there better but could not raise a dime if their life depended on it!Its a entertainment biz that needs $$$s to operate.Tom

Old 06-26-2017, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom

Money is why Danica most likely won't have a ride next year. Her team owners had to sue her most recent primary sponsor (Nature's Bakery) for breach of contract. Nature's Bakery didn't feel they were getting their money's worth based on her lack of performance.

If she loses her ride with Stewart/Haas - I don't think there is anyone out there that will pick her up. If one of the C level teams does (just for the imagined PR), then she will only perform worse than now. It takes A level equipment for her to out perform those in C level cars.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I really think shes done this year,not having fun,does not need the money.Tom

Old 06-26-2017, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not a Danica Hater. But the statistics do speak for themselves. She has been racing professionally for 15 years in several series and all types of race cars. She has had 1 pole and 1 top 10 finish in the last 170 races. This is in equipment that should win 3-4 races a year with a top driver. She just doesn't look comfortable in a stock car to me. She always looks like she is fighting the car. In Indy cars, she looked like she could compete and did much better. Still not a top driver, but 1 win. 3 poles and 7 top 3 finishes in 7 years. Not bad, but again, with the very best equipment most of those years. I hold nothing against her. She took some driving skill, she was cute and pert, and she turned that into a sponsor and money machine. Use what you have, who wouldn't?. But she is 35 years old now and that sex appeal will not last forever, so her driving skill will have to improve or the sponsor money will evaporate. Like was said, she needs the best equipment and team to turn in an average performance. I would like her to return to Indy Car where she seemed to have some margin of success.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

^

mgarblik gets it...

Old 06-26-2017, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So do most!Your the "hater" though!Tom

Old 06-27-2017, 08:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Once again, Tom, I'm not a hater.

I don't hate her. But I'm not a Danica apoligist either.

I am a realist that understands that she doesn't have (and never will have) the ability to be successful in her current racing venue of choice.

Many younger, less experienced driver's, while driving 2nd and 3rd tier quality rides are winning races and or being extremely competitive.

Meanwhile, the Touring Princess goes out and attempts to stay on the lead lap - something that she has only done 6 times out of 16 races this year. It would be one thing if it was just this season (everyone is entitled to an off year), but this has been the case for her entire 6 year career in Cup.

Danica was at her best racing go karts - she was a 3 time national karting champion.

She left the karting world in 1998 and started racing cars. In 19 years she's had 1 win.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:15 PM
Pontiac Performance Author

There's $2.00 hookers?!

Old 06-27-2017, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN CROCIE View Post
There's $2.00 hookers?!
Only in Subic City in the 1970s....

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 06-27-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
Once again, Tom, I'm not a hater.

I don't hate her. But I'm not a Danica apoligist either.

I am a realist that understands that she doesn't have (and never will have) the ability to be successful in her current racing venue of choice.

Many younger, less experienced driver's, while driving 2nd and 3rd tier quality rides are winning races and or being extremely competitive.

Meanwhile, the Touring Princess goes out and attempts to stay on the lead lap - something that she has only done 6 times out of 16 races this year. It would be one thing if it was just this season (everyone is entitled to an off year), but this has been the case for her entire 6 year career in Cup.

Danica was at her best racing go karts - she was a 3 time national karting champion.

She left the karting world in 1998 and started racing cars. In 19 years she's had 1 win.
I totally agree, she really has not earned the ride she got, and with the best equipment she has failed to deliver. Not to sound sexist, but it was only because she was a woman that she got this chance, and Nascar cheapened itself when they capitalized on the hype. It also made me quit following Nascar, when they started changing the rules to allow her to race in the events that normally she would not have had the chance to participate, like the shootout in Daytona. I only believe you need to earn your spot, not have it given to you. There are a lot more talented people out there who would have done a better job with the equipment she had. I look a NHRA drag racing, and see the women that compete there and are successful, because they have talent.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Gee, I saw this post and so I read it, not knowing who on earth this woman is.

So I googled her.. First picture up shows her in a bikini!!!

That was enough for me - all sins forgiven

Old 06-28-2017, 05:52 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Richard and Kyle Petty had her pegged from the beginning. Richard said she could win a cup race as long as the other drivers stayed at the house. Kyle said she could drive a race car, but that didn't make her a race car driver. Four and a half years later she is still all about herself, and hawking her wares the on the media like a $2 hooker. For her, racing is a vehicle for her to keep selling her exercise and health food side wares on TV. She's thoroughly proven she doesn't deserve a ride in a premium cup car fielded by S/H racing.

Keep walking, nothing to see here.
I'm not a fan of NASCAR and I'm even less of a of DP.

That said, back when she was racing Indy cars my youngest son was a fan of hers. I think he was 8 or 9 years old. Since I live in Indy we always at least try to make it to the qualifications. If you are not overly familiar with Indy the garages are right behind the pagoda with a "road" going from the garages to pit row. One year we were walking up the stairs next to this road to find some decent seats. As we were on the stairway Danica came walking along the road to go to the pits. Needless to say all of the fans yelled her name trying to get her attention. After the yelling died down somewhat I pointed her out to my son. Excitedly he yelled out her name. Out of all of the people yelling, she stopped when she heard a child's voice yell her name. She searched the crowds from where my son's voice came from and waved.

I have no idea if she was actually waving to my son or not but it made his day.