Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2023, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default High rpm miss identified

Finally!. I've been searching for a high rpm miss for a while now. (5000 rpm and up)I replaced my MSD box, coil, cap and rotor, Tach, plugs.even checked the volts at the MSD box while making a pass by hard wiring in my volt meter and setting it in a place visible while driving. As a last ditch I figured I would put my MSD distributor back in and unhook the crank trigger. That solved it. I was confident it wouldn't because it's fairly new. But from what I could tell on a very limited hard 2nd gear pull it fixed the problem. Now I have to evaluate if I will replace the mag pick up or just leave in the distributor. It has locked timing so I'm not worried about the timing bouncing around with it over the crank trigger.