Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Tiger intake on E heads/HPs

What are if any alignment/fit issues with trying to fit a Tiger intake on Wide Port E heads ?

Old 01-06-2017, 11:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It won't fit without major surgery.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Describe major. Anyone ever do it. Cant be that bad. As long as it is machining and not a bunch of welding then machining.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to p4msi1

Tiger intake ports are about 1" taller that standard ports so the intake flange may need to be shortened and reduced in port height. I placed a Victor intake on top of my 535 with Tiger heads and about 1" of the intake ports were exposed. Bare in mind that these heads were ported also. I would have had to use some pretty thick spacers to take up the mismatch.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dragncar,
If you are looking for the matching victor manifold to Mike's e-heads, Calvin Hill has it. He might be interested in selling it if you want a bolt on proven piece.

Tom Syron

Old 01-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would cut off the flanges + additional material of the runners then reweld new flanges on.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 01-08-2017, 10:11 AM

When you want to go fast sometimes it takes cutting, machining, welding and fabrication work. Sometimes it includes design, drawing, measuring and math. Being the fast guy isn't alway easy, unless you've got a ton of to spend. Most of us don't!

Old 01-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

T Syron. Not getting Mikes heads. Still on car I understand from member. Mike Jr is not selling them or car. Why would he ? But Mike did tell me the BOP was already sold to a guy on the east coast. So dont think there is a intake on the car.
Now John, thats what I was looking for. How much would it cost to get that done ? Is it worth it vs a BOP ? Mike said he did not really like the BOP and you are the guy who did all the work. He also said a Victor would choke his heads. But his old one might be good enough for me. Got my eyes on a like set of heads right now.

Last edited by Dragncar; 01-08-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
T Syron. Not getting Mikes heads. Still on car I understand from member. Mike Jr is not selling them or car. Why would he ? But Mike did tell me the BOP was already sold to a guy on the east coast. So dont think there is a intake on the car.
Now John, thats what I was look for. How much would it cost to get that done ? Is it worth it vs a BOP ? Mike said he did not really like the BOP and you are the guy who did all the work. He also said a Victor would choke his heads. But his old one might be good enough for me. Got my eyes on a like set of heads right now.
I appogize. I thought you had purchased them.

Tom Syron

Old 01-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Sorry to hear that Dragncar, if anybody should get that top end it should be someone who carries the banner like you.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It sucks in a way, really does. But it does not compare to the human cost. I can honestly say I am glad the kids get the whole car. Now understand BOPs on it. So if the kids want to race it or sell it they have that option.
I am close to another 400cfm set of E heads. Thats why I am asking about a intake.
Mike inspired me to want to go faster. Go big or go home. Well fast for a heavy 91 CA piss gas car.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:11 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Paw View Post
... sometimes it takes cutting, machining, welding and fabrication work. Sometimes it includes design, drawing, measuring and math...
And... I'm amazed how many $$$ a person must spend in addition to all that!

Old 01-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes I bought the intake from mike when I went down and helped him with car at the world cup . Back in November , for my new highports being done by marcella ��.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Just to clarify my post after seeing big mike at world cup , I told him consider intake sold , I sent him a check the following week that mike cashed in his back account after he got back from hunting. Then we all heard the horrible news . He was taking intake off for me after he got back from hunting to bring over to marcella to match to my new high port heads . . Marcella knows all about it . I have all texts from big mike that he received and cashed my check in his bank account . Mike was helping me build new 535 ci combo

Old 01-10-2017, 01:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, problem ? BOP still on car. You bought it ? Mike had a accident, untimely death. I understand the car is all together and the kids (rightfully) want to keep it that way. You might want to call someone. But who ?. Is the intake in your hands ?
So those were your heads Mike told me about at Johns shop. Did you know he put one of his pistons up to your HPs chamber and thought it would work. Wanted a 2x4 intake but only wanted to run his E heads for one more year. So he put them up for sale to be done by Jan 7 and was going with HPs. I have a unfinished set and they were to be used in partial trade . But mine are 80cc and Mike being a compression whore (his joke, not mine, you know he ran 18-1 freaking CR!!) were not going to cut it.
Look, the kids, Mike JR did not know a thing about him selling me the heads. And I heard them in the back round playing with his dog and his moms cat on cmass eve. So they were around but he did not involve them in his business. Doubt they know about the intake. Jr, at the funeral told a member close to him he would send the check back to me. Touchy, and sad. Hope it all works out for you. But now there are youngsters that lost a whole lot more than we have. Best of luck GP, been reading your posts for years.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

I said in my post john marcella knows I bought the intake after world cup in November . Mike cashed my check for it . John is handling it for me . Sorry your not getting his heads he told me he had a buyer for his e heads before he went back out hunting one last time . John already told mike jr intake was bought by me . Throw me a pm dragncar if you want to talk bud .

Old 01-10-2017, 01:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sent you a pm dragncar

Old 01-10-2017, 02:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
What are if any alignment/fit issues with trying to fit a Tiger intake on Wide Port E heads ?
Yes you can with a 1 inch spacer bolted to the head.

Bob C.

Quickest, Fastest, Best selling Pontiac Aftermarket Block IA II and Tiger Heads

Boss Bird Funny Car
Best pass to date 08/06/2016 6.027@231.64
Allpontiac Big Chief Aluminum Engine Block

http://www.AllPontiac.com
Old 01-10-2017, 03:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert C. View Post
Yes you can with a 1 inch spacer bolted to the head.

Bob C.
What? Bob 1 inch needs to be removed from the Tiger intake to fit on e-heads or HP heads.
A 1 inch spacer would be added to fit a Victor to Tiger heads.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool GP, Late now but we will talk. Talking to Mike inspired me with what was in him. Some people just have IT and he did. I was let "in". Told me things and said he would help me achieve my goals. But maybe hold back on some block prep stuff. Then that thread came out about the grove in the top of the main bearing bore!
I would call and want to talk about the heads and Pontiacs. Even sorta late. He would yawn, breathed heavy. (never seen a pic of him or never knew he was a big guy until after he died) Would ask him if it was too late and he just wanted to talk Pontiacs. Like he felt some kindred spirit. I had a lot to look forward too.
I am just a Pontiac , die hard nobody. Have my stuff, done well enough in this small pond. Still will tell anyone their car sucks if they take a Pontiac out and shove a BBC in it. Do not give a rats ass if you do not like it. this is the PONTIAC RACE section. And have felt fortunate to get phone calls or PMs, from of the very top people in the Pontiac world. really have, Thanks Pontiac folks that matter.
I just wonder who is going to take the mantle from Mike. Driven, closest Pontiac short block to a Pro Stock engine I know of. He had his piston problem solved, oiling problem solved. Rest of it was induction and letting it eat.