THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry where are you located?

I have some "spare parts" and some of my friends have "spare parts" which none of us make any particular effort to sell, although they are not things which we have little prospects of using. However, I frequently I see someone posting ads wanting to buy (or sell)parts which I or my friends may have (or want), yet the poster does not include any information as to where they are located.

We all know that shipping costs, of even relatively small parts can be quite expensive and are dependent on how far apart buyer and seller are located from each other.

Invariably, in some of these "no address" ad postings, someone will ask: "Where are you located?"

I know that I myself often travel by automobile between my southwest Virginia location northward to the southern Ohio area near Huntington WV and southward to the Statesville, NC area and for my own activities, I could make deliveries or pickups of parts convenient (and inexpensive) to both me and a buyer/seller. I'm sure a lot of members have similar travel distances routinely.

believe that anyone posting an ad should have a location address included, either in his personal profile or in the ad itself. That information could be as vague as even the name of the state.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Doug, there is a notice above each for sale/wanted ad sections telling people to post their location in their ad just for the purposes you have mentioned.

Some people are having problems adding their location and having it automatically post in their ad. That is why the moderators have asked to put it in the ad to let others know your location.
A lot of people don't notice or read the notices or rules above the sections on the forums.

Maybe your post will bring it to their attention and get more people posting their location.

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree with you 100% Doug. It's no trouble to add your location by the User's Control Panel (User CP at the very top left in the red bar), or even add it to the ad that's made.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Before the merger between Ames and PY, as I recall anyway, part of process was that you had to fill in your location before you could submit the ad. I think something got lost in the changeover.
I agree with you though, especially when the seller is posting a 'pick up only' ad.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The sellers not doing it infuriates me. When buyers want "local pickup only" for a rare part and aren't willing to drive 2-3 hours or pay for shipping, I just scratch my head. I've driven upwards of 10 hours for parts just because I knew I couldn't trust the shipper to get them to me safe and sound.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Before the merger between Ames and PY, as I recall anyway, part of process was that you had to fill in your location before you could submit the ad. I think something got lost in the changeover.
I agree with you though, especially when the seller is posting a 'pick up only' ad.

Greg, It was like that.