Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 06-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Senior Chief

Hi All,

I'm a new member and I'm looking for a long lost car. It's a 1972 Lemans that I ordered straight from the factory after returning from Viet Nam. I managed to "keep" it (my sister kept it while I was flying F-111s in the United Kingdon) through 1985.

Due to an impending assignemnt to Yemen, I traded it in for a more reliable(?) car for my family (Del Rio TX - 1985). It has traded hands several times since then and it was last registered in TX in 1992 in the Dallas area.

I have pictures and the VIN, if anyone could at least start me in some direction rather than around in circles ...

Thanks,
Ogre

Old 06-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Senior Chief

Hi All,

I'm a new member and I'm looking for a long lost car. It's a 1972 Lemans that I ordered straight from the factory after returning from Viet Nam. I managed to "keep" it (my sister kept it while I was flying F-111s in the United Kingdon) through 1985.

Due to an impending assignemnt to Yemen, I traded it in for a more reliable(?) car for my family (Del Rio TX - 1985). It has traded hands several times since then and it was last registered in TX in 1992 in the Dallas area.

I have pictures and the VIN, if anyone could at least start me in some direction rather than around in circles ...

Thanks,
Ogre

Old 06-30-2004, 08:36 AM
Senior Chief

you should ask the texas equivalent of the dept of motor vehicles to run a title search. it's a good time for a veteran with valid ID to get a little assistance from a nice lady behind the counter with a computer. if it's still registered in texas it should show up. if not you'd need to search state by state. you could also join POCI and post a free ad with the description of car and vin #. someone in the club may have it still

Old 06-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks Karl,

After I posted that I got some advice from some of the other forum members and I did trace it (to it's death) with a start from the Texas Department of Transportation. I found the lady who owned it last and she wrapped it around a telephone pole in 1993.

She said all of the parts which were salvageable went to help other 72 LeMans/GTOs. SO i guess several people out there own a piece of it.

I'm trying to get as close as I can now (2D37N2Zxxxxxx) and resto one before the crusher gets it.

Thanks for the advice ...

Pat O'Grady

Old 06-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Senior Chief

at least you know it's fate. so you have closure as they say. a lot of folks are looking for and languishing over a car sold long ago- and they never know. and you know it's living on as an organ donor.
good luck with your project of finding/building one to recapture your dreams. you can make it as you like it.