Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 10-20-2002, 06:43 PM

68 GTO Stolen-Reward/PICS/VIN Reward available only until Friday, 10/25/02 VIN 242378G117111 This is my final effort to get my GTO back or prosecute those involved before I begin selling parts. I am trying to get my 68 GTO back that was stolen Sunday, August 25th between 8:30PM-midnight from the Cameron St./Rt. 322 center median at the signal light right outside the Farm Show Arena in Harrisburg, PA. The bottom feeder that stole my car probably has some acquaintances and many enemies. I hope I can reach and convince at least one of you to get involved. I am offering the following reward when the conditions below are met. REWARD: (1) 455 YH code Pontiac engine (complete carb to pan, unknown condition, probably a 370 horse from an early 70s Bonneville), (1) TH 400 transmission (condition unknown), (2) 68 GTO/Lemans front fenders, (1) 68-70 GTO hood (no scoops), (1) 68 GTO Rubber nose, (1) 68 GTO/Lemans floor shift steering column (black with black wheel), (1) 76 T/A 3:08? ten-bolt posi rear, (1) 3-piece T/A rear spoiler. None of the body parts are anywhere near mint specimens, but are workable, that’s why I collected them. Reward available only until Friday, 10/25/02 CONDITIONS 1. My car is returned to me in the same condition with all the parts it had when it was stolen. If this happens, I will not seek prosecution of any sort. Or 2. You provide adequate evidence to me and the Harrisburg City Police to arrest and prosecute those involved in the theft of my GTO for Grand Theft Auto. Leads must be strong and concrete. Those involved must be prosecuted (I will file the charges) for Grand Theft Auto. Under this condition, I get any salvageable parts from my 68. I will provide the above mentioned reward parts to you upon prosecution of the criminal (s). If arrest/prosecution is in process by Friday, 10/25/02, I will hold the reward package for you, the winner. Because I only have one reward package, those seeking the second (arrest/prosecution) condition should immediately contact me via email at JW68GTO@aol.com AND be the first on file as reporting the information to the Harrisburg City Police at 717-255-3131. If I don’t get any action by Friday, 10/25/02, I will begin listing and selling parts. Reward package is to be picked up by the winner within 30 days of the return of my GTO or within 30 days of prosecution of the criminals. GTO OVERALL CONDITION WHEN STOLEN The car was in visibly rough shape. It was originally Flambeau Burgundy with black bench seat interior. At one time it was painted silver, but since faded to burgundy and silver (appearing to be gray primer). It had splotches of flat black paint where there was bare metal or rust. It was a 400 (WT block with #16 heads) Muncie 4 speed car. It had rally gauges and a rubber nose with complete hideaway headlights. All or the above parts were on the car when stolen. The hood, front fenders, front valence, tail light lenses, front and rear black bench seats were removed and not in the car when stolen. All of the side glass, window regulators (hardware in marked baggies), all exterior trim, repainted black hideaway headlight canister, and all black door panels were removed from the car and inside of it when stolen. ENGINE COMPARTMENT DETAILS WT 400 block with # 16 heads, wrong oil filter (that’s why it locked up, internal damage not visible), 4 barrel quadrajet, factory exhaust manifolds, factory chrome air cleaner/valve covers (some minor surface pitting), new thermostatic vacuum control valve on the front of the intake, new Goodyear belts with pale yellow writing/logo, new sway bar end links on front suspension, Muncie transmission worked well, but had a noisy speedometer gear. EXTERIOR DETAILS Cracked windshield, good rear windshield, broken chrome factory remote mirror, big hole cut in driver’s rear quarter panel, slight dent on bottom left portion of trunk lid, pitting chrome on rear bumper, rusty passenger’s quarter, slight depression on passenger’s door just below the door handle, decent rubber nose with hideaways, funky American flag painted on bottom of dented gas tank. Nice Kelly Super Charger E60-14 RWL bias ply tires on plain repainted black rims on rear. Fair thin-double white wall tires on 14” rally 2s with trim rings and (1) black PMD center cap on front. INTERIOR DETAILS Cracked black non-AC dash pad, decent stick steering column with decent black wheel and Lucite center, no handle on shifter when stolen, rusty Class III Chevy truck hitch in car when stolen, very large blue tarp with black epoxy paint was rolled up in trunk, musty smelling black door panels laying in car (fair/poor shape). Reward available only until Friday, 10/25/02 Thanks for your concern John Williams

I refuse settle down, What state is that TA in? Lets go get it! Nevermind work this is much more important.

Old 10-20-2002, 06:43 PM

68 GTO Stolen-Reward/PICS/VIN Reward available only until Friday, 10/25/02 VIN 242378G117111 This is my final effort to get my GTO back or prosecute those involved before I begin selling parts. I am trying to get my 68 GTO back that was stolen Sunday, August 25th between 8:30PM-midnight from the Cameron St./Rt. 322 center median at the signal light right outside the Farm Show Arena in Harrisburg, PA. The bottom feeder that stole my car probably has some acquaintances and many enemies. I hope I can reach and convince at least one of you to get involved. I am offering the following reward when the conditions below are met. REWARD: (1) 455 YH code Pontiac engine (complete carb to pan, unknown condition, probably a 370 horse from an early 70s Bonneville), (1) TH 400 transmission (condition unknown), (2) 68 GTO/Lemans front fenders, (1) 68-70 GTO hood (no scoops), (1) 68 GTO Rubber nose, (1) 68 GTO/Lemans floor shift steering column (black with black wheel), (1) 76 T/A 3:08? ten-bolt posi rear, (1) 3-piece T/A rear spoiler. None of the body parts are anywhere near mint specimens, but are workable, that’s why I collected them. Reward available only until Friday, 10/25/02 CONDITIONS 1. My car is returned to me in the same condition with all the parts it had when it was stolen. If this happens, I will not seek prosecution of any sort. Or 2. You provide adequate evidence to me and the Harrisburg City Police to arrest and prosecute those involved in the theft of my GTO for Grand Theft Auto. Leads must be strong and concrete. Those involved must be prosecuted (I will file the charges) for Grand Theft Auto. Under this condition, I get any salvageable parts from my 68. I will provide the above mentioned reward parts to you upon prosecution of the criminal (s). If arrest/prosecution is in process by Friday, 10/25/02, I will hold the reward package for you, the winner. Because I only have one reward package, those seeking the second (arrest/prosecution) condition should immediately contact me via email at JW68GTO@aol.com AND be the first on file as reporting the information to the Harrisburg City Police at 717-255-3131. If I don’t get any action by Friday, 10/25/02, I will begin listing and selling parts. Reward package is to be picked up by the winner within 30 days of the return of my GTO or within 30 days of prosecution of the criminals. GTO OVERALL CONDITION WHEN STOLEN The car was in visibly rough shape. It was originally Flambeau Burgundy with black bench seat interior. At one time it was painted silver, but since faded to burgundy and silver (appearing to be gray primer). It had splotches of flat black paint where there was bare metal or rust. It was a 400 (WT block with #16 heads) Muncie 4 speed car. It had rally gauges and a rubber nose with complete hideaway headlights. All or the above parts were on the car when stolen. The hood, front fenders, front valence, tail light lenses, front and rear black bench seats were removed and not in the car when stolen. All of the side glass, window regulators (hardware in marked baggies), all exterior trim, repainted black hideaway headlight canister, and all black door panels were removed from the car and inside of it when stolen. ENGINE COMPARTMENT DETAILS WT 400 block with # 16 heads, wrong oil filter (that’s why it locked up, internal damage not visible), 4 barrel quadrajet, factory exhaust manifolds, factory chrome air cleaner/valve covers (some minor surface pitting), new thermostatic vacuum control valve on the front of the intake, new Goodyear belts with pale yellow writing/logo, new sway bar end links on front suspension, Muncie transmission worked well, but had a noisy speedometer gear. EXTERIOR DETAILS Cracked windshield, good rear windshield, broken chrome factory remote mirror, big hole cut in driver’s rear quarter panel, slight dent on bottom left portion of trunk lid, pitting chrome on rear bumper, rusty passenger’s quarter, slight depression on passenger’s door just below the door handle, decent rubber nose with hideaways, funky American flag painted on bottom of dented gas tank. Nice Kelly Super Charger E60-14 RWL bias ply tires on plain repainted black rims on rear. Fair thin-double white wall tires on 14” rally 2s with trim rings and (1) black PMD center cap on front. INTERIOR DETAILS Cracked black non-AC dash pad, decent stick steering column with decent black wheel and Lucite center, no handle on shifter when stolen, rusty Class III Chevy truck hitch in car when stolen, very large blue tarp with black epoxy paint was rolled up in trunk, musty smelling black door panels laying in car (fair/poor shape). Reward available only until Friday, 10/25/02 Thanks for your concern John Williams

I refuse settle down, What state is that TA in? Lets go get it! Nevermind work this is much more important.

Old 10-21-2002, 07:16 PM

The car has been found in a local tow yard. The vin was copied wrong by police. It was actually located on sept 19th.

Old 10-21-2002, 08:39 PM
Suspended

Excellent! who gets the reward?

Seen on restroom wall of local bar over the urinal
"gone for more beer, back in 5 minutes."

Old 10-22-2002, 01:35 PM

Glad to hear you got it back. I would guess the police get the reward? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2002, 08:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey, if you want to part with some of those "reward parts" let me know...

My Cars:
1968 Pontiac GTO
(My Next Project)
400, 4-speed, Black interior

1972 Pontiac LeMans
(Under Restoration)
455, Th400, 3.55's
Heart of Illinois GTO's club member

Heart Of Illinois GTO club member

"This aint no damn Chevelle"

Old 11-05-2002, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Uhm, yea, I have a 68GTO project parts list around this site...too

"11.00/123MPH/1.50 60foot/29.5"/4.10:1/10"/472 #48/Flat HYD/DualQuad/Wenzler/3250Lbs
12.00/112MPH/1.61 60foot/26"/3.31:1/10"/472 #48/FlatHYD/Q-Jet/Torker/3650Lbs"

Sold 2003: 12.00/112MPH/1.61 60'/26"x3.31:1/10"/469 #48/245-255-110LSA/Q-Jet-Torker/3650Lbs//18MPG 94oct
Sold 1994: 11.00/123MPH/1.50 60'/29.5"x4.10:1/10"/469 #48/245-255-110LSA/Dual600s-Wenzler/3250Lbs//94oct