Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 12-03-2002, 06:11 PM

This is not about a firebird it is about a Camero. My good buddy had his custom Camero stolen 3 weeks ago from his diveway up here in Ontario. Nice ride, it was tubbed,454ci,4 link suspension, flip front end and so on.This car was a show winner.The cops found the car 24hrs later in the back of a stolen beer truck in pieces.These guys got past the perimiter alarm and he never heard a thing (pros) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]. It goes to show you that nothing is safe anymore these days.He didn't talk to the wife and kids for 3 days!!

Old 12-03-2002, 06:11 PM

This is not about a firebird it is about a Camero. My good buddy had his custom Camero stolen 3 weeks ago from his diveway up here in Ontario. Nice ride, it was tubbed,454ci,4 link suspension, flip front end and so on.This car was a show winner.The cops found the car 24hrs later in the back of a stolen beer truck in pieces.These guys got past the perimiter alarm and he never heard a thing (pros) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]. It goes to show you that nothing is safe anymore these days.He didn't talk to the wife and kids for 3 days!!

Old 12-07-2002, 12:57 PM
Senior Chief

Best security system, how about hooking a GPS bug up to the battery and hiding it in the car somewhere? I've always wondered about doing this. Or hiding a switch that is hooked up between the ignition and alternator. So when you leave the car just toss a switch to help precent it being hotwired.

These are just idea's though and probably wouldn't work very well.

Tyler

Old 01-11-2003, 11:12 AM

The best one i have come up with is a solonoid that you can connect to your brake lines. you put it between you front brakes and the master. i hide mine under the prop valve. mine is hooked to a set of dry contacts on a switch that i have disguised as something else. u can buy these units a truck supply houses and they come with appropriate fittings. mine locks all 4 tires when engaged and if you disconnect the power it stays locked. by using this and turning the wheels and putting a brake to steering lock i have thwarted 2 hotwire attempts and 1 rollback attempt.

Old 04-24-2003, 05:18 PM

I have my electric fuel pump wired to a switch under
my dash, it's pretty well hidden. So unless someone knows what they're looking for, they won't get very far. I should know I forgot to turn it on a couple of times. Whoops.

Old 04-29-2003, 09:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think something along the lines of THIS always provides the best security for your house/garage...

"Nothing Beats an Ol' Goat..."

Old 05-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow think of the odds! A stolen Camaro in Canada found in the back of a beer truck!!! LOL!! I love it! ... Eric

Old 05-13-2003, 02:39 AM

Was the beer truck was going to a hockey game

It run's. NO REALLY !!!! Ok you can stop laughing NOW.Has anyone seen where I put my BEER down!!!!

Old 07-15-2003, 07:35 AM

I'm a very light sleeper and have a lazer equipped S&W. I'm sure that little red dot gets attention.

I may be old but do I have to grow up?

Old 07-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

How about putting a sign on the car that says:

"Don't Steal This Car Until I Have Finished Building It"

You know you will NEVER finish it so they will never STEAL it.

...best if used on or before date indicated...
65 GTO