WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Exterior Tech

04-06 Exterior Tech SAP stuff, styling, hoods, and spoilers oh my!

Old 04-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

First, let me say that, this is not another bitch session. I like the car very much. I haven't heard anyone say anything about the hood fit on the '04. Specifically how it overhangs the grill. It doesn't blend smoothly into the grill. Rather than the leading edge coming to a clean thin edge, it has a big radius. It was one of the first things I noticed when I fist saw the car at P.O.C.I.. Today I got my new Car Craft in the mail. Inside is a review of the new goat. It has a picture of a '64 and a '04 side by side. The hood looks like it overhangs two inches. I know it doesn't. But, you can see the shadow it casts on the grill. I just don't understand why this is. Maybe the '05 will blend better.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

First, let me say that, this is not another bitch session. I like the car very much. I haven't heard anyone say anything about the hood fit on the '04. Specifically how it overhangs the grill. It doesn't blend smoothly into the grill. Rather than the leading edge coming to a clean thin edge, it has a big radius. It was one of the first things I noticed when I fist saw the car at P.O.C.I.. Today I got my new Car Craft in the mail. Inside is a review of the new goat. It has a picture of a '64 and a '04 side by side. The hood looks like it overhangs two inches. I know it doesn't. But, you can see the shadow it casts on the grill. I just don't understand why this is. Maybe the '05 will blend better.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Really? My wifes 98 GP has the same overhang and so did my 2002 Galant GTZ.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 04-26-2004, 05:40 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JSchmitz:
.....I just don't understand why this is. Maybe the '05 will blend better. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it will not blend better as in fact it's the same hood with big holes in it. How do I know? Well, because I have already caressed one or two of them.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:01 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kosams:

No, it will not blend better as in fact it's the same hood with big holes in it. How do I know? Well, because I have already caressed one or two of them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't see any problms with the hood... do the scoops look tough ?
Old 04-27-2004, 04:06 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>i don't see any problms with the hood... do the scoops look tough ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I'd say they are tough! Not too big or too small IMHO.