Old 10-07-2001, 03:42 PM

I swaped a clock from a 72 GP and how can i get my dial on the clock in good shape.. so i can identify the numbers!!
Some of the paint is gone and i can't see some of the numbers.. Does someone made remakes or what can i do??

ps. i don't want to make it work... just to fill in the empty hole in my 69 dash [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2001, 03:42 PM

I swaped a clock from a 72 GP and how can i get my dial on the clock in good shape.. so i can identify the numbers!!
Some of the paint is gone and i can't see some of the numbers.. Does someone made remakes or what can i do??

ps. i don't want to make it work... just to fill in the empty hole in my 69 dash [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2001, 07:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to 1-GTO

The first thing that comes to mind is would the '72 GP clock fit directly in your '69 GTO instrument panel?Secondly you can call ISI {Instrument Services Inc.} toll free at 1-800-558-2674 or Fax (815) 623-2993 for information on the Services to rebuild and refurbish in-dash clocks.I would have them install a Quartz movement and have a working clock.I've bought the Do-it yourself kits from them and did the conversion myself. http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/...2/23891265.jpg

------------------
GTO.....Gran Turismo Omologato,True Pontiac Excitement!

[This message has been edited by 1-GTO (edited 10-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by 1-GTO (edited 10-08-2001).]

Old 10-08-2001, 05:35 PM

Yes the 72 GP clock looks and fits like it has always bin there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] but what parts were in your do-it yourself kit.. Is it a new dial or some mask-kit whith some srews & stuff?? Was it easy to rebuild the clock??

Thanks for the info's
Kristinn
------------------The only Icelandic Pontiac homepage in the world!!

Old 10-08-2001, 05:55 PM
Administrator

There is no kit to repair the silk screened numbers and markings on the face plate or the hands. These clocks are not that rare. You just need to find one that is nicer. If you're going to spend the time removing and re-installing the clock, why not get it working!

1. Cheap fix- Take it apart, Spray WD40 on the gears of the movement, clean it up and put it back together. Your clock may work for 15 more years like mine! (you'll gain about an hour a day though)

2. Do it Right- convert the clock with a quartz movement. If you are handy you can do it in about an hour or so. You could also break a gear and have to buy another clock. Do you feel lucky? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Price for the kit thru Instrument Services is around $75 I believe. Although PY buys them wholesale and does the conversion for you for $95.00 if you supply the clock.

In either case test it on a lantern battery for 24 hours or so to make sure it works.

Old 10-08-2001, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi, I restore all GTO clocks from 64-72 including painting and re-silkscreening the dial face.

------------------
Peter Serio
Owner, Precision Pontiac