THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I thunk Mellencamp was from Seymour, IN. Maybe he moved to the Bloomington area.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
I thunk Mellencamp was from Seymour, IN. Maybe he moved to the Bloomington area.
Mellenhead is originally from Seymour(Seymour High School Class of 1970), but has a home off of IN545 overlooking Monroe Reservoir. He also has a reputation of being a bit of a jackass.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 01-25-2018, 08:36 PM
Senior Chief

His house on Monroe is nice. I did some work on it. He still has family in Seymour.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had my eye on a 3 acre property with a 2 car garage and a 2nd shop wired for 240v for 189,000 in Bloomfield. Area seems nice. But as I mentioned earlier I can’t buy there until I have the money from selling here. I will be able to look around in person there before I have to pull the trigger. Only thing that worries me about those small towns is the availability of broadband internet. I lived in a spot here I’m the desert for a year where the only option was 1mb DSL. I can’t do that again lol. Decent cable internet is a must.

I signed the offer letter. I start on the 26th of February. Unknown here I come.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 01-25-2018, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocktimusPryme View Post
I had my eye on a 3 acre property with a 2 car garage and a 2nd shop wired for 240v for 189,000 in Bloomfield. Area seems nice. But as I mentioned earlier I can’t buy there until I have the money from selling here. I will be able to look around in person there before I have to pull the trigger. Only thing that worries me about those small towns is the availability of broadband internet. I lived in a spot here I’m the desert for a year where the only option was 1mb DSL. I can’t do that again lol. Decent cable internet is a must.

I signed the offer letter. I start on the 26th of February. Unknown here I come.
Congratulations! Bloomfield is a nice town. I live in rural Floyd Co. yet have 50meg internet through the local cable company.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 01-25-2018, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the unknown is where wonderful things happen...grab it by the horns and ride it...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 01-26-2018, 05:56 AM
Senior Chief

Congrats. The unknown is scary but one hell of a ride. Good luck.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good luck fella. I live in the country too and get my internet from a satellite. It's 5meg but the new 25 meg is popping off soon! lol. Nowhere uses more salt than Ontario, Canada. I swear the salt mine trucks have holes in them. I liked Indiana going through to Illinois on the I70. Anywhere there is green grass and 1000' between me and the neighbor, i'm good. I got similar to what you were looking at, 2 car garage with 1200 sqft shop out the side on 3 acres. i ain't ever leaving. Are you guys in the US allowed to tie the purchase of your new house to the sale of your old?

My wife says she'd llike my car a lot more if it wasn't mine.

64 Grand Prix 389 .030, 1.65 Scorpion Rollers, Tripower, RARE Long Branch, Custom Stainless Exhaust and mufflers, 3.90 posi 200-4R. 068 cam.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Good luck in the new endeavor!

Old 02-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats! My plans are also to get back to the Midwest (MI) in a few years. 10-20 acres, 3 bed/2 bath/basement/pole barn are the cheap norm all day long. Of course, though, I will not find a job that pays me wages like the semiconductor industry. I am preparing for a pay cut, but will welcome a simpler life.

Hopefully you end up in or near a small town that shuts down Main Street in the summer for a cruise in or car show. I grew up in one of those towns, and couldn't wait to leave. Now I can't wait to get back to something like it.

Old 04-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well - have you made the move to fly over country yet?

Old 04-02-2018, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, if you are here you sure didn’t bring the Cali weather with you. This BS snow on April 2 is not the norm for sure.

Old 04-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchjoe View Post
Well, if you are here you sure didn’t bring the Cali weather with you. This BS snow on April 2 is not the norm for sure.
Yeah. It’s been wet. But I’ve spent the last decade complaing about the desert. So I don’t think I’m allowed to complain about rain for a while

And yeah I’m here. I’m sitting in a shockingly decent Mexican restaurant in a Bedford Indiana right now.

I just signed papers on a house on Friday. As soon as the other guy vacated I’ll be moved in. 5 cars worth of garage so I have room to expand. And 22 acres partially wooded. Plenty of wildlife. I’m not much of a hunter but I enjoy having the animals around to look at.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...18857024_zpid/

Look forward to running into a few of you guys during show season. I haven’t build much of a social life as yet.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice digs! That's one hell of a fridge! You're 67 miles from me. The social life will come with time, maybe. I've been here 20 years now and i don't have much of one, but i work too much too. I miss home (Ohio) at times, but economically i am much much better off here than i would have been back home. There's a good Pontiac club up in Indy. I'd be in it if i were closer. Hope the job is working well for you.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Outstanding, nice place and welcome to the Hoosier State. Now, let’s have some of that dry desert weather so we can get our cars out!
BTW, this is not a normal spring here.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Senior Chief

Looks like you found a nice place, Hwy 450 is one of Indiana's most beautiful roads. As soon as it warms up the motorcycles burn that road up!

Old 04-02-2018, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah should be good. 260k was a little more than I wanted to spend but I really wanted a large plot. I like to be able to look out at my little fiefdom. I need some serfs......

Job is going well. Lab stuff. I feel very sciency. Should look great on my resume. In addition to being an experienced UAV technician I’ll know have a background as an electrical technician with a specialization in lasers/electro optics.

The dude technically has until the 30th to be out but says it will be sooner. Hopefully he is true to his word. I’m basically camped in a month to month condo with all my stuff in storage. I’m over it.

As soon as I get word I can move in I’m going to adopt a dog. I’m too old to make new friends effectively so I’ll just adopt a furry one.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice place. Bedford and Lawrence County are good places to live. You’re about 55-60 miles northwest of me.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 04-03-2018, 12:29 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nice looking place. Should be more beautiful with the spring/ summer rains. Some of the most beautiful thunder storms/ lightning there in Indiana.

BTW, did your inspector mention anything about the free standing fireplace maybe too close to the wall/ combustible?

Old 04-03-2018, 06:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast GTO View Post
Nice looking place. Should be more beautiful with the spring/ summer rains. Some of the most beautiful thunder storms/ lightning there in Indiana.

BTW, did your inspector mention anything about the free standing fireplace maybe too close to the wall/ combustible?
No, but probably because it’s gas, it’s not a real fireplace. There is a wood burner in the garage.

They actually are working on the crawl space right now though. The inspection found mold in there because of a drain not hooked up properly.