Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default CEN-TECH OBD II Scanner rating

Just wondfering if anyone has one of these inexpensive ones from Harbor Freight.
It's in the flyer for 39.99, supposedly valued at 89.99 (Reg Price).
All I want to get it for is to give my sister one she can keep at home,
But I want for her to be capable of clearing the codes to shut the SES light off when necassary.
She lives 1200 miles away, otherwise I could just use my nice scanner tool to help her.

I'm not sure what the model number is.

They had a 179.99 tool couponed to 89.99 a few months back, but when I came across that flyer last night the coupon date had expired.

Thanks

Old 05-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Does she have a smart phone? This is for a smart phone and obd II which is 95 and newer. I don't know anything about the harbor freight deal?
Maybe this will work for you or something similar as cheap as it is?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-WiFi-...6&var=&vxp=mtr

6.27@107
9.97@131
Old 05-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Senior Chief

I bought one because it was cheap and it will do what you want it to. Checks and clears codes with no problems so far for me.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID67goat View Post
I bought one because it was cheap and it will do what you want it to. Checks and clears codes with no problems so far for me.
X 2 - it just displays the code without any explanation. It comes with a book that tells you what the code numbers mean.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had the HF /Centech one years ago and it worked fine as a simple code reader. The thief that stole it out of my car apparently liked it too.
Bought an Autel brand off of Amazon and it quit working 10 months later. Autel said it was a counterfeit product. Amazon wouldn't take it back, but when It told them they were selling counterfeit products, they quickly refunded my money.
Now I have a Bluetooth one and it works fine. You just have to find an app for it that you like. Didn't like Torque for Android, so I'm using OBD Car Doctor.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have the hf $89 deluxe model and it work good. I was actually surprised at what it could do. It can read sensor voltages preform tps and evap tests. not bad for the money!