WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Exterior Tech

04-06 Exterior Tech SAP stuff, styling, hoods, and spoilers oh my!

Old 12-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Suspended

is the honeycomb insert metal or plastic???
Old 12-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

To answer your question, it is plastic. I may also have metal mesh in honeycomb available later. This is what most people wanted to see first, a insert that was honeycomb and close to the appearence of the original stock grille. Another thing is these inserts will be changeable if at some point you tire of a look and would like to change it to another mesh. It won't be permanently fixed into the grille. I probably will make it bolt in and you will be able to change it be removing it from the nose so you have access to the rear of the surround. Thanks for your interest in "Goat Nose Grilles".
1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 01-02-2008, 07:44 PM

Rooking good man. I'll check in with you before I head home for vacation. What kind of production lead time do you expect? I'm guessing that these are hand laid fiberglass or are they injected plastic? Oh hey while I have you on the dime, any ideas of who makes the Holden style rockers? These grills would look great with the "Revenge" style that Lingenfelter is working with. Thanks
Old 01-03-2008, 02:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They will be cast plastic and I hope to have some parts before the end of January God willing. My spare time is at a real minimum lately and that's what I need to get all the loose ends together. I don't know who makes the holden rockers, sorry. Thanks for the compliments on the grilles and hope you return home safely from Iraq.
1984 Grand Prix

Old 04-25-2008, 07:28 PM

I'm interested. Let me know about your progress. I am a little concerned over the scratches in your yello paint around the grille opening. I hope this was not caused by removal of the old ugly grille.
I'm not in a big hurry. I'm starting a disc brake conversion kit and front suspension rebuild on my '65 GTO, so I'll be busy for the summer.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Henry,those aren't paint scratches but remnants of the adhesive from the masking tape I used to mask the paint off when I was glassing the prototypes up on the car (I left it on too long and the sun baked it). I know it does look like scratches but they aren't. I will be proceeding on the finished product as my spare time allows.
1984 Grand Prix

Old 06-01-2008, 04:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

looks good,I would like to see a stainless steel woven mesh like that of the 71 gto,one thing I wish is if someone would come out with a body kit like the woodward gto
Old 11-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Back to work on this project. I got a used bumper cover today so I don't have to keep using my car to fit everything. This should help expidite this project alot. I'm off work now so I have some time to devote to it and hope to have it finished up before the end of this year. I have also devised a way of not fastening these grille with the PITA clips like the originals. Mine will have stainless steel studs and nuts securing them to the bumper cover, no Mickey Mouse clips on plastic bayonets.

I have also located some chrome wire mesh to duplicate the look of the 67 GTO mesh for those of you that have asked about this option. Back to the garage because I want this done before the T Shirt sales start. I also want to be able to offer them this year at the shows we will be attending, starting off with Pontiac Heaven in April.
1984 Grand Prix

Old 11-10-2008, 04:00 AM

Good luck on the project and thanks for keeping us posted.

Cheers
Old 08-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I'm way longer than I wanted to be but I have started back on the grille project and I hope to be able to show the prototypes off at the T/A Nationals, not the place that I should be showing them that's for sure, but it's the last large show of the year that I will be attending with our T Shirt sales.

If you own a late model GTO and are going to be attending the T/A Nationals in Dayton I will have the finished prototypes there to look at mounted in a spare bumper cover at our booth. I don't have molds made up yet but that isn't the time consuming part, making the originals and figuring out how to have them attach to the front bumper cover without using the mickey mouse clip system GM designed is the hard part. Mine will have threaded studs and nuts to hold them in place as they should have on the originals.

These will have a hexagon grille in them to match the hood scoop inlet grilles, however they can be changed to any other type of grille material easily as the insert will bolt in to the grille surround. I may offer other options for insert material down the road, but for the time being they will be hexagon material.

I know this has taken way longer than I originally intended, but a foot injury at work over a year ago has really pretty much changed alot of things in the past year. The foot is still not fully recovered, but at least I finally found a doctor to pinpoint what the injury is and has a plan to get it healed up. Maybe I'll be able to have gilles back in my own car too....LOL. I've been driving it without grilles for over a year.

Thanks for looking, Brad Yost
1984 Grand Prix

Old 08-20-2009, 05:57 PM

Brad . . . very interested (but won't make it to the Nationals) !

Keep us posted please.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I been working on these for ther last week and I'm hopeful they'll be finished in time for this weekend.
1984 Grand Prix

Old 08-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well today people got to see the "Goat Nose Grilles" for the first time, I am happy to report many favorable comments and inquiries about people wanting to know when they could possibly purchase a set. Finally all that work constructing the prototypes pays off. If your attending the T/A Nats. in Dayton this weekend stop over and take a peek at what Pontiac should have put on the 21 st century GTO to begin with and look at all our original Pontiac T shirts too.
1984 Grand Prix

Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

All the people that spoke to me about the grilles at the T/A Nats seemed to like the look and at least 3 were interested and wanted to purchase them. Now to finish them up and cast some saleable pieces.

I will mount them in my own car and take some pictures and post the finished prototypes here soon.
1984 Grand Prix