Old 01-18-2022, 05:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Arrow wtb ~ 65-66 manual center console

Hey y'all,
I'm converting my 65 LeMans to manual shift and need a decent driver condition manual center console. I have a spare auto console, so if a few parts are missing, I may be OK with it.
Which leads to a question maybe someone can help with....................

The Parts Place add on Epay says you can convert an auto console to a manual .......
is this actually feasible? Would it be fairly correct?
What manual specific parts would I need? If anyone has said parts to do this conversion, I'd obviously be willing to buy those instead of a complete deal.
I really don't have access to a manual console to compare and have a better idea how it's done.
Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Thanks y'all!

Old 01-20-2022, 02:12 AM
Senior Chief

I replied to your post in the tech section regarding how to cut out an automatic console to make a manual console.

If you are looking to buy a manual base, I have a fully restored blue manual base. What color are you looking for?

Terry

Old 01-21-2022, 07:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank you for the offer Terry, and thank you for the info in the tech thread.
Jack P. is selling me a manual console that I can use for reference to modify an auto console that I have for a spare. I like to tackle things on my own, this way I can learn some new things and save some $. I think a fully restored console would look to nice for my car since it's more of a driver showing typical wear and tear through the years.
Thank you for the offer though! But if I happen to wreck my auto console..........I may have to take you up on your restored one!

Ron M.