Old 11-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1966 center console worth?

I have a center console out of a 66 Lemans "auto". Has lid and wiring harness,chrome is in good shape,wood insert could be replaced. What would this be worth? I saw a center console out of a 66 GTO on ebay for $900+ isnt that crazy!

Old 11-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_

900 is crazy for an auto console
900 is pretty reasonable for a VERY nice 4-speed console

more like 300 for a pretty nice auto console

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=618281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9KworCMRE
Old 11-02-2007, 12:37 AM

if it has wood insert it is a 67 console just fyi

Old 11-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

I have one just as you described sitting in the For Sale section for $100 harness and all and it's not moving. I just sold a really nice one with the harness for $150. There are a bunch of them around you won't get much more than that. 4 speed consoles are a different world and are highly saught after.

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg

Last edited by YVEYANT; 11-03-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I knew that an auto console was not as desirable as a 4 speed,but I cant believe people will pay so much.
Also my console is a 66 with wood inserts over the finned chrome.Im not looking to sell mine,just curious what the auto console's are going for.

Last edited by hpp; 11-02-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

GarysGTOGoodies will offer high prices and high dollar items like this because he restores them to better than new condition from what I can see in his photos, never bought anything from him personally, but he has some beautiful items. You will pay for it though.
If you look and are not in a hurry to buy, you can find nice auto consoles such as the one I just sold for $150 and yes there are a few 4-speed consoles that sell on Ebay for $300 I see them all year long and in nice shape too. You just have to be at the right place at the right time.
The best time to try and find items that are generally pricey is now when it is cold for the most part as many people do not buy do to the weather and the holidays coming. The prices start dropping significantly.

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 11-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to performerrpm

ive bought several 65-6 and 67 4 speed console and got the deals mentioned above right place right time eventually what i made off them let me get a nice 4 speed console for my 66 for well.....free. if you need a console garysgtogoodies in not the place and his parts arent that good ive seen consoles he bid and won come back up a month later that were just repolished piecs and reflocked he wanted top dollar for. if you did need one 4 speed or auto id reccomend gtogary66 he is a guy i met on ebay and thats all he messes with rechromes and just polished has several dif levels to buy and he not tryin to get super rich real nice guy