THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Angry pi**ing off old car guys

just wondering why after all these years that when you added a G8 and new gto forum that you put them on top so I have to scroll thru them to get to old stuff. bet you p**sed off more than a few of you old car guys

Old 11-18-2013, 01:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Took the words outa my mouth. Nothing wrong with adding the forums but why are they before everything else? I haven't been on here for about 6 months because of computer problems,and when I finally got back I was like WTF?

Old 11-18-2013, 01:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not only that, but why can't we opt out of having to look at the forums we don't care to see at all? Why can't we set an option to not look at selected forums?

Old 11-18-2013, 01:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by connman View Post
just wondering why after all these years that when you added a G8 and new gto forum that you put them on top so I have to scroll thru them to get to old stuff. bet you p**sed off more than a few of you old car guys
Some of us "old car guys" also own a G8. Maybe someplace better than the top of the list because I come here for discussion in re: my old rides and to g8forum.com to talk about the G8.

Last edited by 61 389-348; 11-18-2013 at 02:14 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 61 389-348 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2013, 02:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Arrow

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=738852

Old 11-18-2013, 03:09 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Oops. I meant http://www.g8board.com/forums/. There are 23,199 registered users on just that forum.

I've tried pretty hard over there and everywhere to gin up interest in the true Pontiac stuff. It's important as who else is going to be interested in our old iron when the DMV (or equivalent) comes knockin' on our door saying we're too old to drive. Or else we'll have ten sellers for every buyer.

We need numbers to support all of the aftermarket and repop industry. If our numbers are seen as shrinking, and they are, who is going to put the time and expense in new quality repop product?

Last edited by 61 389-348; 11-18-2013 at 03:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 61 389-348 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I own a '03 Bonni so nothing against the late model forms but just look at the
activity level. Why is the most used links at the bottom. Just saying.
By all means a Pontiac is a Pontiac.

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
The Following User Says Thank You to 60man For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Where's my Solstice Coupe forum?

Old 11-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You know yo can minimize the forum threads you dont want to see. Makes them almost disappear.

If anyone gets pissed off and want to leave because of that little thing, I would suggest they have issues that need to be addressed.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Damn shame scrolling (or simply minimizing it) past something you don't care about is such a bother. Especially at what it's costing you.

Get a life.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to David Jones For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2013, 09:54 AM

Minimized would be fine if it stayed that way. Every time I read a post and come back to the main forum page they are expanded.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just this crappy IE browser.

TS

Old 11-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mine have been minimized since the forum change. On this computer and my iPhone.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK...did I say I'm PO'ed??....
NO. Just making a point.
I realize what the post title is...

I kind of like my life David...how's the arm doing ?

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 11-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Guys, take a look at this thread. All this stuff is explained here:

If you don't like looking at the late model section, you can minimize them by clicking the Blue Arrows in the Red header of each sub-forum. We won't feel bad

We already have the largest gathering of the classic Pontiacs. We are trying to build our following for the late model market. Give it some time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eric_cspan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Altho I have yet to look at any threads in the new forums I like the idea that they are here for those Pontiac owners who were basically being ignored.
I don't think I will develop carpal tunnel syndrome from simply scrolling past them.

Jim

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 66bonne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_cspan View Post
Guys, take a look at this thread. All this stuff is explained here:

Quote:
If you don't like looking at the late model section, you can minimize them by clicking the Blue Arrows in the Red header of each sub-forum. We won't feel bad

We already have the largest gathering of the classic Pontiacs. We are trying to build our following for the late model market. Give it some time.
I know you guys said you'd reset the order of them at some point, but if possible make it so we can set the catagory order we want, like a favorites list.
I've found having them min'd is more annoying than scrolling past due to the big red banner of having some many min'd so I turned them back on, and I'll admit I have not looked at a single newer model catagory. In fact I usually skip the first Gen Firebird thread now, I kinda lose and forget about it because of the high numbers of categories chaos.

Just giving my user feedback.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
I know you guys said you'd reset the order of them at some point, but if possible make it so we can set the catagory order we want, like a favorites list.
I've found having them min'd is more annoying than scrolling past due to the big red banner of having some many min'd so I turned them back on, and I'll admit I have not looked at a single newer model catagory. In fact I usually skip the first Gen Firebird thread now, I kinda lose and forget about it because of the high numbers of categories chaos.

Just giving my user feedback.
That's fine. We can look into doing this for you guys.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
but if possible make it so we can set the catagory order we want, like a favorites list.

Kinda like an "Ignore Forum" selection is what I'm thinking.

I personally just don't care about racing, blown or newer stuff at all. I'd just like to have the ability to focus my attention on the stuff I may have the ability to give my personal attention and advise to.

Charles

Old 11-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Suspended

Wink

I've noted that the "blue arrow" minimize PY function stays as set when using Apple IOS (iPad) even after clearing out memory;

Doesn't work that way on our Microsoft Internet Explorer systems. Wil stay minimized for the duration of any session...but reappear expanded at next use.

So, Suggest it may be your local Hardware, software, and user settings, seperate from any PY display setting. That has been the case here at home and office.

Enjoy!

Old 11-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Most of the later model Pontiacs will end up in the scrap yard as they deserve to. If PY feels there is a repop market knock yourself out and try. Very few late Pontiacs will ever have collective value and ever fewer are loyal to the brand. Hey, it is your deal, do what you want but, I think it is not the wisest direction to go. Not like you would listen to me anyway....

Where I would agree with the idea of the original poster, I am not ticked off about it. This board is big but, not the only one to go to. If people do not like changes, they will simply go elsewhere in addition to coming here.

Time will tell both of us if there is a real, valid 80s, 90s, and 00s Pontiac repop market. I do wish you well but, do not feel it is a safe bet.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11