Old 03-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Always knew the heads were incorrect on my 69 GTO and thought for years they read 96 (from a 71 GTO) Got the old ones removed the other day and I have a correct date coded set of #16's going on. Now that they are off the motor I finally can read the code up close and they read #94. Any ideas what these are from? Perhaps a big Pontiac? Are they worth anything?

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Always knew the heads were incorrect on my 69 GTO and thought for years they read 96 (from a 71 GTO) Got the old ones removed the other day and I have a correct date coded set of #16's going on. Now that they are off the motor I finally can read the code up close and they read #94. Any ideas what these are from? Perhaps a big Pontiac? Are they worth anything?

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Senior Chief

To the best of my knowledge, 94 heads are from a 71' 250 hp 350 engine. I think this was a 2 BBL engine, so the heads would be low compression and small valves. Just my guess though. If this is the case, the value of these heads would be slight as would be demand. Do you have a date code on them?

Old 03-05-2005, 06:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Date codes are L170 AND B031, so they are 1971.

Old 03-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mr. G is right, they should have come from a '71 350. I'm working on a set of #94's right now for my 428. They were right at 87cc's on the chambers I measured so they are a very good size for a 428 or 455. Mine have been converted to the larger valves and screw in studs. The small valve #15 heads with similar 87cc chambers are starting to become more widely used for the same reason. They do have some value as very few Pontiac heads have that chamber size. Rick