Old 02-27-2019, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Better clutch fan between these 2

Which will do a better job? I have electric fan now, not sure if I am going back to a clutch fan. Any issue with the aluminum one coming apart? Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0175.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	506731

The Following User Says Thank You to JSPONT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2019, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Use the biggest one that will fit in your shroud

Old 03-10-2019, 08:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The natural alum. one as it has a consistent pitch & will move more air @ idle , but not as much as a one without a clutch .

Old 03-10-2019, 09:13 AM
Senior Chief

Never ran an electric, yet. I ran aluminum non-clutch fans and both over the years cracked, and with an OEM rad. Always went hot on warmer days. I changed to an aluminum rad and things cooled, and even more when I went to an OEM clutch fan. The blades are within a half inch or so from the shroud on second gen TA. A little off your subject, but took a few years to finally do the greatest cooling combo for me. PS – Always thought of going electric to clean up the bay since I have March pulleys etc. but the car runs really cool (if it ain’t broken) and I like some OEM appearance to stay with Pontiac styling somewhat.

Old 03-10-2019, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are pro and cons to both manual and electric fans. I have no overheating issues with either. For now I just keep collecting stuff I might use in the future.