67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2018, 07:57 PM
Senior Chief

Default 1969 Firebird 400 400 V8/TH400 trans..Rochester Q-Jet...direct replacement?

Ok, been MIA for awhile but back to trying to stabilize my 69 400 Firebird Q-Jet issues. Had the carb rebuilt, new jets, etc but the electric choke conversion is still being a PITA to idle when it gets over 180 degrees.

I had the radiator, hoses and tranny lines replaced, no more leaks, but it's first trip out the rebuilt carb choked after 28 miles of driving and I got towed home on Thanksgiving.

Had it rebuilt again, it's better, but still idles inconsistently.

Is the Edelbrock/Jegs kit: 1406K1 the logical replacement or is there something else that will directly replace the Q-Jet without changing the intake manifold?

Kit details in the link below...

https://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/1406K1/10002/-1

Sucks to have to hold down the gas pedal when it decides not to idle right after driving only 3-4 miles and one stop for lunch.

Any ideas, let me know. I'm in the Los Angeles/Whittier area.

Thanks in advance!

Jim / ScumOne