Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Senior Chief

You can`t go wrong with SD.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440GP69
Marcel is sick with the FLU he handles all emails i talked to him yesterday and he is sick as a dog! Everyone i know got that flu where i am and it was the sickest ive ever been!, it must have moved north! Dave stays in the shop porting because they are very busy and if dave is answereing phones he can't build heads! Marcel told me that he will be in a couple days either try him friday or most likely monday, sometimes it takes him a few days to return emails, but hang in there. Paul spott's is only open till 2pm try his email, he gets his cnc heads from sd performance. hang in there man i'm in te same boat patience my friend!!
I was in touch with Marcel a couple of days ago from his home email myself. The fact that he's willing to do that,as sick as he is says a lot about his dedication! This flu has been going around the Vancouver area and Vancouver Island for months. I had it most of the winter myself, and it is nasty. This will be my first time doing business with them and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think Spotty said he was doing 27 engines...
and the phone keeps ringing for a $20.00 gasket kit's.....

It's that time of year. Next month will probably be worse, delivery wise.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Senior Chief

Marcel called me from his death bed today I am being paitent myself with my new IA2 engine. They are top notch and I will be patient or perfection and integrity.

Although I want my motor now I will wait for it done right.

CURRENT CARS
68 Firbird 400ci convertible
Old 04-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i just sent my deposit on some race heads! secretary was very helpfull, i can't decide what i want so i'm having dave pick the heads that will work best! great people!, when you deal with sd you know it will be done right!

D.S.R.E. Your NW Pontiac Street/Strip Engine Builder, Specializing in Cylinder Head,Intake Manifold,and Exhaust Manifold Porting services and Building the Most Efficient stock rebuilds to Hi HP Pump Gas and Race Combinations for Pontiac,Buicks,Olds,FE Fords,385 Series and HP Gen 3 and 4 LS engines!
2006 silvy Z71 4X4,383 LS 600+hp NA
Shared Toy-66 Lemans 470cid by me 537hp 580tq-manifolds, 570hp 590tq-2"headers,custom cam,rpm intake, mild e-heads, Looks stock ;-}
Old 04-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All shops worth a darn are busy this time of year. I called SD in December and marcel answered. Dave was out of the building on business. Marcel called me 2 hours later with part of my answer and had the rest of my questions answered the next day. Thats fine, I didnt need to speak to Dave personally.

Butler never returned my call. Butler never followed up on an email that he answered 2 weeks after I sent it and said they were busy and would follow up. I'm still waiting. I suspect I just happened to catch them at a bad time. Someone else will get my money I guess. Unless of course he calls me before I spend it and convince me why I should spend it there.

Spotts has answered me KRE has answered me. MrPeabody, CliffR, the list goes on, all have been good at responding, delivering as promised or better!

As I mentioned at the beginning most shops are mad houses this time of year. My boss used to say poor planning on your part does not make it an emergency for me. It applies in this business as well unfortunately.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Senior Chief

Update:
Dave responded to my email next day - then each question answered since.
I understand the "buried with work" issue - just frustrating to make phone calls for days and speaking to no-one.
Thanks to all here that pointed out reasons to wait for SD - they are doing their best to keep up with current and potential customers.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'd like to publicly apologize to everyone who has tried to contact me in the past months. Also like to thank those who defended my position. This is the toughest time of the year for me(and everyone else), especially this year. After 4 1/2 years working here, Dorene had to move on (gas prices and 40 minute commute one way wasn't working for her), so its just me and my shop worker, Kevin. I have to get motors completed for the season (still have several to finish) for those who I promised, so I can't answer the phone. I decided not to get another secretary who can't answer 90% of the phone calls, so for now, we are mainly an engine shop and email parts supplier.

East Coast Pontiac engine builder - still going strong
4 month waiting list
email spotfam@verizon.net

1981 Trans Am 455 w/6X heads 4 speed 4 wheel disc (for sale)
1969 Trans Am clone 9.79 at 139 so far
1964 Banshee clone project - Opel GT platform
Old 04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Senior Chief

Paul - thanks for posting - and for calling me back a couple weeks ago leaving me an honest message. It was professional to turn me another direction rather than try to get my money.
Pontiac builders seem to be booming right now - good sign, or bad sign!
Means we will not be such a minority on the street or at the track anymore!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I needed a new SFI flexplate as mine was out of date this year. I called SD on Friday and Lisa answered. She said both the guys were busy. She checked to see if they had one in stock and then told me they didn't. She said she would order one in. Lisa called me back that afternoon and said she would have one (a TCI plate) on Monday and then she would ship. Yesterday at work, my warehouse boys told me there was a car part from SD delivered.

That is service!

Old 04-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Senior Chief

Yep ya can`t go wrong with SD............

Old 05-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Paul Spotts has taken damn good care of me - and frequently for 20.00 gaskets. (Well, maybe carb rebuilds, and Scorpion rockers, and a BW clutch, cometics, etc .. lol.). Anyway - I've not had trouble.

The Kaufmann's built some KRE's for me - took damn good care of me... . always returned calls.

The Butlers are big enough that they almost always answer. They built my shortblock. Very happy.

Many of these guys race, etc. help represent Pontiacs at the track. Learn how they work and their hours and they'll take good care of you. I've worked with all three and will continue to do so...

Old 05-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They may be hard to reach, but I have run into this with other kinds of good work or products. If you try to remember that like many people who are very good at what they do, sometimes they are so overwhelmed with orders, calls, locating parts which also might be hard to get their hands on. Then with just so many people working to cover everything it may take a while to get a response. I'd keep trying which is what I do and then act polite and get to the point. Meaning have my questions in order to ask. Their work is like any other kind of art. It takes time and ya can't be making a masterpiece if your answering the phones. Someone answering phones that can't answer questions may be worse than not getting a call back for a while.

Also, when you consider the time spent doing the rest of a car, engine, or project. Returning the wrong parts, or parts that are not what they said they were. Does a set of heads really take all that much longer?? I've waited a long, long time to have a well known glass man replace my rear window in my 67 GTO. He cut and tempered the glass for it. But, because he also needs to replace the molding studs that are missing from the channel and I don't have the engine or steering column installed yet. We need to do the work when it's decent weather in order to make room behind the car so he can work on it. And because he's the best at doing this anywhere close to my location he gets very busy. Not to mention he's over seventy and has been doing this for more forty years now. I apologize for being so long winded, and do understand what frustration is at trying to simply get something you'd like to buy. But, can't get information on it before spending big dollars. My best to everyone. Mike in Oregon