Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-10-2017, 08:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes your right. I was still a sleep when I sent that.

Quickest, Fastest, Best selling Pontiac Aftermarket Block IA II and Tiger Heads

Boss Bird Funny Car
Best pass to date 08/06/2016 6.027@231.64
Allpontiac Big Chief Aluminum Engine Block

http://www.AllPontiac.com
Old 01-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

We think alike dragncar I know whatcha mean I've been racing Pontiacs out here on the street since the mid 90's and for last two years I raced my 78 Pontiac grand am on a top ten fastest list out here in central south jersey representing my Pontiac powered grand am , we finished unbeaten on street over 6 months on top ten list . Running strong for two years with a 24-3 record over that span , Big Chief not the only one who street races a Pontiac . I've been racing on street 30 yrs . we finished 18-1 vs the chevies too they hate me . We race no prep and 1 burnout rule full 1/4 mile have to be on your game we were running right around 8.60/9.0 depending how road conditions were . With Mike , John M. And Scott B. Goal is to put the grand am in the high 7's on x275/60 tire . On the my induction solution plate . We are #1 out here and comin with big steam to show em they gotta get by the screamin indian . Guys like shaker455 who setup my 1150 dominator , and guys like lil jack , Kinsler, and Badbird69 and of course Mike Leech , help and inspire me over the years to stay Pontiac and keep pushing the envelope. Im not on here much over last two years because I'm out on the street every two weeks from April to late November racing anything from trailered race cars to killer street cars to big tire small tire etc etc . We ran on just a pump gas 93 tune laying down 1050 hp 950 tq on the street will lil radial tire and at a heavy 3700 lbs best 60 ft 1.22 . Still has the 8 track in the dash and factory bench seat . All steel body , factory shaker scoop to . Car looks factory . No crazy rear wing . We drove out 45 min to race then drove home on 1 tank . Now goal is knock weight down and out here 7.999 in 1/4 and 4.99/5.00 flat in the 1/8th . Ron rhodes will be updating my chassis next winter to 25.5 too . She's gonna be a bad bitch out here on the street . And take that money $$$$$$. I run two different tires 29.5 x 10.5 radial and x275/60/15 . No big tire here I like beaten the big tire cars on the street . With factory style rear suspension nothin moved . Throw me a call or text . Anytime bud . Pontiac POWA TTFMF

Old 01-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert C. View Post
Yes you can with a 1 inch spacer bolted to the head.

Bob C.
That could be good, could be bad.

Good if the resultant runner length is suited to the rpm range. Bad if it's too long for the rpm range.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:05 PM

Don't listen to him. He builds Chevies! Lol

Old 01-10-2017, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Paw View Post
Don't listen to him. He builds Chevies! Lol
That is lol!

Old 01-11-2017, 02:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

freaking chevys. gonna talk GP, wondering where you been. now I know. some of the same guys inspired you too.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:53 AM

The guys who inspired me, Bert Strauss and Duane Muelling and later on Craig and Kern! But in the mid seventies good parts were really hard to get. I got some RAV rods and a block from Duane, but still only dinky port iron heads. Those heads went out for major porting and came back with epoxy roofs. I was fast until block split and grenaded. No parts available to replace. In those days not much engineering was involved. Then Jenkins and his book, knowledge gained from extended testing on something that stayed together and good parts were available. Parts imagine that. I waited 20 years for decent heads.

Then my many years at Roush. What I've learned came because of the other brands,so I defend them. There's always going to be dumba$$ at the tracks. Ignore them!

Finally there's good Pontiac heads available and blocks sometimes. I still dig Pontiacs and try to stay up new parts. I hope you go fast.

Last edited by Tiger Paw; 01-11-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Paw View Post
The guys who inspired me, Bert Strauss and Duane Muelling and later on Craig and Kern! But in the mid seventies good parts were really hard to get. I got some RAV rods and a block from Duane, but still only dinky port iron heads. Those heads went out for major porting and came back with epoxy roofs. I was fast until block split and grenaded. No parts available to replace. In those days not much engineering was involved. Then Jenkins and his book, knowledge gained from extended testing on something that stayed together and good parts were available. Parts imagine that. I waited 20 years for decent heads.

Then my many years at Roush. What I've learned came because of the other brands,so I defend them. There's always going to be dumba$$ at the tracks. Ignore them!

Finally there's good Pontiac heads available and blocks sometimes. I still dig Pontiacs and try to stay up new parts. I hope you go fast.
Back in the early 70's before they changed the rules on what you could do to the heads in Pro Stock. Bert's heads looked like they were an equal part Bert and PMD.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 01-13-2017, 02:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

John told me he could cut the flanges off and re weld them and do the port match. Better piece than the BOP to start. End up with more room to grow than a Victor. Not cheap, but will scream with a happy carb.
Listen to these guys and its hard to not go fast. John, Scott, Mike, RIP. Thanks for just shooting the *****. Go big or go home right. Rock on.