Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 07-31-2004, 12:32 PM

I just got my pypes exhaust system and Dougs Headers for my car. I just realized that my heads don't have the end holes drilled and tapped. If I put the headers on without the end holes, will that cause a problem? The engine that's in there is only temporary (6 months or more) until I get the 455 built. So I'm not too concerned about small leaks or anything, just wondering if it will cause damage to the header. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 07-31-2004, 12:32 PM

I just got my pypes exhaust system and Dougs Headers for my car. I just realized that my heads don't have the end holes drilled and tapped. If I put the headers on without the end holes, will that cause a problem? The engine that's in there is only temporary (6 months or more) until I get the 455 built. So I'm not too concerned about small leaks or anything, just wondering if it will cause damage to the header. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 07-31-2004, 10:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would think that for only a short period of time that you'll be okay, but if the port flanges are seprate between the ports that would be best.
Jeff.

Old 08-01-2004, 04:33 AM

You may want to try these little guys sold by Spotts performance http://www.spottsperformance.com/headLbracket

Old 08-01-2004, 07:10 AM
Senior Chief

My 71 350 pontiac heads did not have the end holes drilled and tapped either and it had headers installed on it when I bought it and they did not leak at the heads.

Old 08-01-2004, 10:55 AM

Thanks for all the info guys, it sounds like I'd be ok to throw them on for a while. I'm just getting antsy and want to drive this car again

Old 08-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

In my opinion it would be wise to use the Spotts head brackets. You would not want to get a rush of cold air onto a hot valve. It could cause problems.

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!