Old 03-28-2002, 11:56 PM

Racing in chitown(chicago)
Iwas stationed near chicago for class A machinists school in the navy and during the winter we went to an indoor drag strip in an old railroad building , as I remember it was only a very short track and the brakes had to be real good as at the end of shut down area was a large brick wall. I saw my first real pontiac drag car which was a 63 swiss cheese pontiac with aluminum exhaust manifolds and it was the fastest car their.Is their any one out their that remembers these races?????????????
Len PS.(1963)

Old 03-28-2002, 11:56 PM

Racing in chitown(chicago)
Iwas stationed near chicago for class A machinists school in the navy and during the winter we went to an indoor drag strip in an old railroad building , as I remember it was only a very short track and the brakes had to be real good as at the end of shut down area was a large brick wall. I saw my first real pontiac drag car which was a 63 swiss cheese pontiac with aluminum exhaust manifolds and it was the fastest car their.Is their any one out their that remembers these races?????????????
Len PS.(1963)

Old 03-29-2002, 09:08 PM
Senior Chief

LEN--Must of been quite a echo in there.Love those underground parking lots-sounds like a pair of 15 inch woofers when I drive in there.

[ March 30, 2002: Message edited by: BANDITONE ]</p>