Old 02-11-2024, 07:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Suggestions for quarter panel protection from trunk contents

Hello,

Car should be ready for the first drive in a few months. My plan was to take several trips a year with it, which will mean the trunk will have luggage, tools, and who knows what else in it. I am concerned about things sliding around and going past the trunk drop offs, potentially hitting and denting the quarters which would be very upsetting...at the same time, the drop off area seems like a good spot to store oil or washer fluid containers.

Looking for ideas or suggestions on ways to protect the quarters. I believe some Grand Prix's came with a cardboard panel installed between the trunk drop off and sides of the trunk opening. Not sure if they would work for this or if there is a better solution.

Thanks!

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 02-11-2024, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My vote would be to just throw stuff in a cardboard box when needed. Even if it slides around, nothing comes out or drops into the cavity causing damage.

Don't do like my mother. I asked her why her 68 Dodge Polara my dad bought new had a bunch of round bump outs on both quarter panels. She didn't know. I popped her trunk and she had a bowling ball laying on the floor. She was pretty deaf too!

The Following User Says Thank You to tjs72lemans For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2024, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

LOL

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...