Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 03-18-2017, 04:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrainer View Post
This thread reminds me of when Herman Munster would throw a temper tantrum, jumping up and down, plaster falling from ceiling saying " I want it, I want it, I want it" lol. Thanks for taking me back in time O"Reilly.
👍😂😂😂

Old 03-18-2017, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I get this because it happened to me. It happened to me with Amex too. Late fee because I was a day late. My fault mail wasn't delivered on pres day?

Glad I'm not alone in this!

Old 03-19-2017, 07:09 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I just started buying Pontiac parts again, from Ames, because I purchased a '71 GTO. I ordered some parts on Wednesday and they were delivered Friday. Definitely good service there. It has happened to me with other orders/vendors, where I forgot a part or two, and wanted them included in my original order/shipment. This would have been 2-3 hours after placing the order, but I was already too late. For the most part, I spoke by phone with them and they said the order had already been packaged and shipped. I didn't like it, but knew that I had contributed to it, by my carelessness. They did offer a reduced shipping rate for the new parts. I guess we/me want our parts yesterday and that adds to the problem. I understand the issue here and it's unfortunate that it couldn't have initially been resolved in a more amicable way. I am much more careful now when ordering, but in all due honesty, some things still slip by me. What I do is make a written note of them and on the next bigger order, they get included. Just sharing my personal experience, Carmine.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
Yeah that's a great idea then you can get cussed at over a 5 dollar part ��
TIC. That's the idea, if he thinks AMES is bad, buy from those guys. I've never had issues with AMES.

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
Bill Nye.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Late to the party but agree that AMES is not at fault here....the OP is, and needs to take accountability for his actions. Been buying from AMES since 1983, always with excellent service. Have forgotten to order items from time to time and just order it after the fact, and suck it up and pay the shipping. No big deal,and life goes on.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are plenty of guys to buy parts from, fast and sometime free shipping. I had 1 experience with ames and it was not good so I go elsewhere. You guys had good experience so keep buying. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
There are plenty of guys to buy parts from, fast and sometime free shipping. I had 1 experience with ames and it was not good so I go elsewhere. You guys had good experience so keep buying. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.
Clearly your one purchase from Ames shows that you are an opinion.

I probably get one shipment a week from Ames and the parts almost always arrive in WV 2 business days after ordering. Only Summitt and Jegs get here quicker, but they don't have most of the Pontiac specific stuff that Ames has.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Without Ames, where would our cars be, No one else comes close.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 03-29-2017, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sweet editing or deleting my posts, no sense in post ing in this thread any more.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Order from Classic Ind. then you can really feel the pain, lol.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 05-03-2017, 11:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I forget to order something ... I usually just eat the extra cost and remember to get my ducks in a row the next time. The extra shipping is the pillow that I lay my head on in the bed that I made up myself.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I vote this as the worst thread ever.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Synthetic Oil beats dyno oil by a mile. Synthetic is a waste of money and causes leaks.

Now it's the worst.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nothing but a great experience for me. I kicked myself for not ordering a wiper switch right after getting my last delivery. But, what can I do? I had to suck it up, realizing that this is a hobby that costs money.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[ QUOTE=nmoreilly;5710811]I ordered several items last week and neglected to add two items that intended to. Followed up via within 2-3 hours asking to have them added and politely asked to have the shipping waived - first time I have ever asked for this - was told the following morning that the additional two items would be $10 in shipping. Callled and spoke to someone was told they'd send them snail mail which would be half but that I would still have to pay. Followed up in writing via email at least 3 more times asking to whom I should escalate this to etc., etc. and still have not heard anything back, no response at all.

Conservatively I'd say I've ordered 20-25K in parts over the last 5-6 years from Ames. I have never experienced such a total lack of response from any company over a minor complaint. Again, it's the lack of response and the this is my "first and final offer" approach to the customer that's frustrating.

I'll be going elsewhere whenever possible for Pontiac parts going forward[/QUOTE]

I work in retail. Dealing with customers like you all day. You asked for something for free because you made a mistake. No Big deal. Never hurts to ask. But they said no. So let it go. For you to follow up with 3 emails like they somehow owe this to you makes you in the wrong here.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This is Never why I got out of retail...always liked the business I was in..Never liked the people

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 05-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=FrankieT/A;5736782]This is Never why I got out of retail...always liked the business I was in..Never liked the people]

This is why I got out of retail...always liked the business I was in..Never liked the people

Correction

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 05-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieT/A View Post
This is why I got out of retail...always liked the business I was in..Never liked the people
When I worked for Sears, I always said, The job would be great if there were no people.

Wish everybody could do two things when you're out of high school. Two years in the military and work in retail.

'69 Firebird 400 - Goldenrod Yellow, 455 +.060, '6s-7' heads, Comp Cam 276AH-10 (51-309-4), TH400, Ford 9-inch w/3.08, 800cfm Q-jet, Stock Intake, Hooker Headers, Flowmasters
'68 Coronet 500 Convertible - Medium Gold Metallic, stock 318 +100,000 miles
Old 05-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some people think if they complain a lot, (four emails in one afternoon?) they will get things for free. It doesn't always work that way. That would just encourage people to complain.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:24 PM
Suspended

It would cost an additional $8 in ship if op hadn't screwed up. And op would have been happy, not giving it another thought.

Technically it was a new order, $10 ship

Instead of shipping @
$8
they gave him a deep discount @
$3

Translation, OP made $5 on his mistake, rather than paying $8 if he hadn't screwed up.

It's dumb as rocks!
If you ponder the thought, it's dumber than rocks!

I would have replied to the emails because it's the right thing to do.

First email: No!
Second email: No!.
Third email: What part of no don't you understand?

Does anyone have a blacklist of PY members that you will not engage in private buy/sell?