Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:49 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If it's ok to add because we are talking some about shipping, I have previously mentioned, that I too have done a lot of business with Ames going back to the mid 80's. I don't have any real complaint. Always have been treated fairly. Either you buy the part or not. But, the shipping end gets crazy. For example, recently purchased a new pre bent brake line kit for my '71 GTO from Inline Tube. The kit was either $136.00 or $139.00, I forget which. Shipping was $17.00 and it arrived in 4 days. Great pieces, BTW. I would like to have ordered from Ames because I'm familiar with them.. Their price was about the same, but shipping?? For the same pieces, it would have cost $45.00 to ship because of "oversize" are charged more. How can there be a $28.00 disparity between the two?? Makes it an easy decision, Carmine.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Senior Chief

X2. I experienced the "oversize shipping charges" with Inline Tube. Their gift shelf was $20 but shipping was $28 so I made my own. bt

Old 05-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beertracker View Post
X2. I experienced the "oversize shipping charges" with Inline Tube. Their gift shelf was $20 but shipping was $28 so I made my own. bt
Can't say I blame you for making your own. Guess I did real good on the shipping charge, Carmine.