Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 08-23-2007, 10:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Pro Stock John
Default 1964 GTO post from Chicago, trying to track down

I had a 64 GTO post back around 1987, I lived in Hyde Park at the time. I bought it from a hispanic guy who lived around 55th and Winchester. Car was purple with a white top, and one fender and the hood were electric blue. Had custom pinstriping that said 'Insanity' on the rear quarters. It was supposedly an old race car, and had 47,000 miles on it. It had a 327ci, T400?, and I forget the rearend end. Had slotted mags on it. I sold it to a guy named Rick who subsequently sold it to maybe some young guy in Oak Park. I heard it was in an accident at one point. I also heard it was repainted the original red. I sold it like in 1987 or 88 because I could not afford to keep it since I was in college.

I already tried a search via friend in the IL DMV, but I don't have have enuff info and never kept the vin.

If anyone has any leads, let me know.

John Ryan
Chicago

Old 08-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Have you tried posting on http://www.lost-car-registry.com/main.html? Most cars are posted with VIN #'s, but some aren't. Good luck.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to Pro Stock John

Thanks I posted something there, neat site.