Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '67 Catalina 2+2. Going to look at this weekend

Hi, I'm a first gen and early second gen TA owner. My dad is a '65, '66 Grand Prix FANATIC. Has three right now. Anyway, he's on the trail of two 2+2 Catalina hard tops that he will be looking at this weekend. Here's what we know:

1 - 4spd. supposedly, 376HP fully optioned, including hood tach (is that an option)? I don't have the block code yet. Tourquois/White top.

1 - auto supposedly 376 HP. YH? I've seen descrepencies at Wallace Racing and classical pontiac if YH is a 360 or 376HP. Any clarification would be helpful. Gold color.

We will be getting the vin. no's, block codes and trim tags this weekend for PHS verification next week.

Can anyone chime in with things we should look for, or opinions on which of these two cars are more valuable? It's a little tough to find information on these cars.

Regarding production, the number of 4spd and auto 2+2 or even better, the production of the 376HP cars would be helpful.

The owner said one of them is 1 of 110. I don't have a clue how he arrived at that.
One stamp in the area of the battery/radiator support is WF-7? Not sure if that is relevant.

Anyway, that's what we know at this point. Should be a fun weekend getting pictures and information off the cars. Thanks in advance for any help, support, advice on these cars. Greg