THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:21 AM
PY VIP

Default We Need Your Opinion

In the second post you will see three colorful banners we want your opinion on before we decide which 1 or 2 designs we go with. nder the 3 shown I have put another line of copy which we would substitute making it a design to consider also.

The reason is the tag line I came up with would only refer to the 1964-66 models because of the tag line. The other two lines that Chris of Performance Years has suggested I have listed below. I also stated my preference. I also sent this to several other GTO suppliers for their input.

Banners would be available in two sizes 24 by 48 and 18 by 36 inches. Vinyl with metal grommets in the corners for hanging. UV protected and good for indoor or outdoor. We would have them available to all the various companies for sale.

We just did Hurst Equipped on a black vinyl banner in the same two sizes as well.
Special thanz to Mr AMC Guy for posting my photos.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Again simply post your opinion in this thread as soon as possible.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

dennis the page is blank?

Old 01-31-2014, 12:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Carnac the Magnificent says

Old 01-31-2014, 01:22 AM
Suspended

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis kirban View Post
In the second post you will see three colorful banners we want your opinion on before we decide which 1 or 2 designs we go with. nder the 3 shown I have put another line of copy which we would substitute making it a design to consider also.

The reason is the tag line I came up with would only refer to the 1964-66 models because of the tag line. The other two lines that Chris of Performance Years has suggested I have listed below. I also stated my preference. I also sent this to several other GTO suppliers for their input.

Banners would be available in two sizes 24 by 48 and 18 by 36 inches. Vinyl with metal grommets in the corners for hanging. UV protected and good for indoor or outdoor. We would have them available to all the various companies for sale.

We just did Hurst Equipped on a black vinyl banner in the same two sizes as well.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Tough crowd eh Dennis? So much for reading directions.

Subscribing for when your 2nd post with photos from Mr AMC Guy for you appears. No worries.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:29 AM
PY VIP

Please be patient my good friend who for years posts my photos will get them up. His job takes him around the world most months but he will put it up.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Old 01-31-2014, 07:18 AM

We have posted a mock up of 3 different designs for banners we plan to put into production. Please post your opinion in this thread as to which 1 or 2 you like. We also sent the same photos to the various GTO suppliers as well. So far its the first mock up that is the favorite. Chris of Performance Years has brought it to my attention that the tag line narrows the market to the 1964-66 GTO owner. This is true.

So here are two other tag lines we can also consider. One would be Gran Tourismo Omalogato another would be Get In Shut Up Hang On. Which tag line do you like and to which mock up design do you like.

Banners would be in vinyl with grommets on the corners. UV protected good for indoors or outdoors. We would do two sizes 24 by 48 inches and 18 inches by 36 inches.

We would do two versions one focused on the 1964-66 using tag line in the samples and one either saying Gran Tourismo Omalogato or Get In Shut Up Hang On one of these would cover all the other year GTOs.

From this we would submit this design to fendergrippers to produce a similar fender cover as well which would be available to all the GTO suppliers as well.

So, post your thought here....no prizes involved, but we value your input.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

2005 GTO Quick Silver/Red
Fayetteville, NC
Do It Right or Don't Do It All
Old 01-31-2014, 07:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

the first one but swap the tail and the words. put the tail on the bottom

Old 01-31-2014, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I never liked the whole" GRRRRR" thing.
but the third one is the coolest of that bunch.

"GTO" would be best, I think.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I like option #1 the best, with #2 being a close second.

Part of that may be the orange used (#1 one seems to be a deeper orange, which I like better). If the orange's were/are the same, then it's real close. On the tail in #2 - the black portions look more like leopard spots than tiger stripes - I would change that if going with option #2

Option #3 doesn't work for me.

I don't like the tag "Get in, Shut up, Hang on" - has nothing to do with a GTO and is over used on all makes of cars.

I would suggest the options of "Gas - Tires - Oil" or "The Great One" to go along with "Gran Tourismo Omalogato".

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Old 01-31-2014, 08:05 AM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up

#3 first. then #1. I don't like the tail on #2 curled. reminds me of a house cat, all cuddley!

Old 01-31-2014, 09:04 AM
Suspended

Wink

Although neat concept and art I'll post no vote.
Why? Our oldest GTO is a '67, followed by a '69. So...IMO if one had a tag line similar to this:

"Four Barrel - Four Speed - Four Hundred"

Then, I might be interested. As is, too limiting, so I'll admire from afar and not consider a purchase as presented.

No Flame intended. '64-65-66 GTO owners will surely appreciate and enjoy any of the 3 presented.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alvin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 09:20 AM
Senior Chief

GRRRRREGG!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LIKES THEM ALL

The Following User Says Thank You to grrrrregg!!! For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Although neat concept and art I'll post no vote.
Why? Our oldest GTO is a '67, followed by a '69. So...IMO if one had a tag line similar to this:

"Four Barrel - Four Speed - Four Hundred"

Then, I might be interested. As is, too limiting, so I'll admire from afar and not consider a purchase as presented.

No Flame intended. '64-65-66 GTO owners will surely appreciate and enjoy any of the 3 presented.
Did you miss this:

Quote:
and this:

Quote:
So here are two other tag lines we can also consider. One would be Gran Tourismo Omalogato another would be Get In Shut Up Hang On. Which tag line do you like and to which mock up design do you like.
They want your opinion on the design. Wording will be different for the later years. Even "Four Barrel - Four Speed - Four Hundred" doesn't cover all later years. There is the 455 and the 350. And what about all the Goats with automatics...

Old 01-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Suspended

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis kirban View Post

The reason is the tag line I came up with would only refer to the 1964-66 models because of the tag line. The other two lines that Chris of Performance Years has suggested I have listed below.
I also stated my preference. I also sent this to several other GTO suppliers for their input.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis - evidently I made a mistake. Please forgive my ignorance & misinterpretation. http://youtu.be/k80nW6AOhTs

Old 01-31-2014, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tag line of Get In Shut Up Hang On at the top is a good one to do also. I'd buy one of them. Even if 4 barrel - 4 speed and a 389 was used with it.

As for the banner preference I'd say #1 or #3.... preferably #1. But with a change for the one you choose. Add "and a" 389. Flows better when you say it altogether. 4 barrel - 4 speed and a 389

And seeing not everyone has 3 deuces, also do a banner with "4 barrel" - 4 speed and a 389."

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like the first one then the second. Third one to me seems hard to read. IMO

TOM
Old 01-31-2014, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like the third one the best.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:04 PM

The first one makes me wonder what happened to the tiger that got his tail cut off. The second one looks like a caterpillar to me and the third one is hard to read. Maybe the first one with a solid line underneath it like the third one?

Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

GR-RRRR!
Q-JET TH400 400

455?

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Inch Stud For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think the first one is Grrrrrrrreat

1931 Pontiac 5 window coupe OHC6 powered
2015 GMC Yukon SLT