Old 04-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_
Default another value question - rustfree car - with pics

A whiney friend has been bugging me to post about the value of this car.

The owner is wanting $8,500. I think that's too much. I think it's worth more like $6,500.

However:

It's a rust-free california car, still in california. Has a few issues, but nothing major - no rust. Still wears the original paint (supposedly).
Doesn't look like the paint can be saved though, too many scratches and nicks - and some primer spots
Has original california black plates (not licensed for 25 years)
Two owner - all documentation

Looks like it's solid - just no motor or transmission
2:93 open rear, air conditioning car (all a/c is there)
Dash is cut for crappy radio - rear deck is cut for speakers

The big plus is the lack of rust - almost none (little surface rust on the frame you see)
And all the stainless/chrome is very nice

I keep telling him it's a nice 'survivor' but not good for anything. Basically needs everything anyways, except for extra bodywork.
it's a hurst dual gate and a/c car - that's about it though

Opinions?

He thinks rustfree + california black plate + documentation + 38,000 original miles = $

I counter: it might, if it had a driveable paintjob and the original drivetrain. But as is, it's just another goat needing resto - albeit one that doesn't need much bodywork
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture1.jpg
Views:	1104
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	48988   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture2.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	48989   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture8.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	48990   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture15.jpg
Views:	1053
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	48991   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture-21.jpg
Views:	1027
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	48992  

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=618281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9KworCMRE

Last edited by baron_; 04-05-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:36 PM
On Vacation

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Jensen
Default YO

fyi I AM THE FRIEND who found this 67 gto!!!!

Long story, it is for sale. I absolutely love it. I found it for another buyer however, and the buyer is unsure if he wants to spend that much for it.

So if it falls it'll be for sale through me, since I am borkering it for the owner.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Jensen

So if it falls it'll be for sale through me, since I am borkering it for the owner.

good luck borkering it, bryan
i like my goat too - but that's a little...wrong

Old 04-06-2006, 12:27 AM

Yeah, an 18 year old kid broker....That will work...NOT!

Old 04-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

*scratches head*
bryan was having me post 'cuz he didn't want people knowing where it was, i thought

anyways - i don't have anything to do with it
Harass bryan about it

Last edited by baron_; 04-06-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:30 AM
On Vacation

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Jensen
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac poncho
Yeah, an 18 year old kid broker....That will work...NOT!
What difference does that make?!?!? You were 18 once.

Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm not a good businessman. And I'll stick to my guns on that. I've already had several successful sales of this caliber.

I just wanted to get some input from others...the price is high but it's everything mentioned above. I've already got my own goat...and it's fun to get the sales experience.

I'm just curious if there's any value in the car. I strongly feel so, enough that the 8,500 for it is justified with the rustfree body and it's a Cali desert native car....cali black plates...38k doc. miles and so fourth.

Anyways, just wanted to see all in all if the price is justified. The owner is sticking to 8,500 and no less...the guy who wants it is considering it, but he says the price is a little steep so he'd sleep on it and let me know. Just waiting for his final decision. In the meantime, just was curious if people could see the good (or bad) going for it.

Last edited by Bryan Jensen; 04-06-2006 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:36 AM

Bryan I think Baron is right and as far as you being such a good hotshot salesman--Tilt--When your trying to sell someone a car, Don't keep changing the price every 15 minutes. Like when you tried to sell me Baron's car and said you owned it and that it was by your house in SoCal but as it turned out you didn't own it and it was in Ohio. To much BS there Bryon and with all your screwing around I lost a hell of a deal on the right date coded engine. Your in way over your head and the BS will always shine through. Good thing Baron called me and explained to me that he owned the car and the car is in Ohio and has to be shipped to Ca. instead of me making a 5 Hr. drive to pick it up. All your screwing around cost me alot of money, lucky for me that I didn't give you any money on the deal yet--I would be down at your house jerking you out of it by your neck. Baron is an honest guy and I made the deal with him, on the other hand you are just a young BSer sitting at a keyboard. I hope people don't believe much of what you have to Type and if they do they just might get burned.

Old 04-06-2006, 03:57 AM

Bryan, you are a true Ponti------------------------------------------------------------Yacker. Not much Ponti but a lot of ----------------------------------------------------YACK------------------------

Old 04-06-2006, 04:16 AM
Senior Chief

I don't know any of the personalities involved, so I will stick to the question at hand. I think $8,500 is too much for the car. The hacked up dash and package tray don't help. If it had the matching motor and trans, then yes. IMHO, $6,000-$6,500 is more in the ballpark and what I would be willing to pay for the vehicle. I have a line on a complete NOM all original 67 P/S, P/B, P/W, A/C and original push button radio for not much more than the one your asking about. Still trying to finalize a price on my deal.

Marshal

Old 04-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I don't understand exactly what is going on between 3 of the earlier posters, but to me is looks like possibly a repaint. Where are the stickers on the inside of the trunk, and doesn't it look like a lot of overspray in trunk? My Opinion
Gary

Old 04-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe it's my rusty east-coast mentality, but after restoring many rusty cars, I'd give $8500 for a rust-free real GTO all day long.

1962 Grand Prix - Cameo Ivory|389 4sp|One-Owner Survivor
1964 GTO HT - Silvermist Grey|389 3x2s 4spd|A/C|Hurst Wheels|Frame-off|SOLD
1965 GTO Post - Mayfair Maize|421 3x2s TKO600|Pro-Touring|
1966 GTO HT - Barrier Blue|389 3x2s 4spd|Red Fenderliners
2005 GTO Coupe - Yellow Jacket|Magnacharged LS2 6sp|543hp/561tq|SOLD
2006 GTO Coupe - Spice Red|LS2 6sp|20k orig miles
Old 04-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwritter
Maybe it's my rusty east-coast mentality, but after restoring many rusty cars, I'd give $8500 for a rust-free real GTO all day long.

No kidding uh? People who don't have to deal with rust have no clue how lucky they are.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default $6000

For a rust-free body with no drive-train and a cut-up dash, I think $6000 is a fair deal.

Been here awhile and read lots of Bryan's post. Just my 2 cents, Bryan...spend more time focusing on finishing your senior project. You have spent a lot of folks' time helping you with recommendations\feedback\experienced advice on your project.

If you want to be a car broker, have at it. But learn the business first by working with an experience muscle car person, understanding the market, its influences and supply\demand. To be a respected car "broker", you need a lot more to bring to the table.

Just some constructive feedback, do with it what you will.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What happened: Bryan tried selling a car i owned, that i said i'd sell to him for xxx price

Bryan tried to 'broker' it and sell it to someone else, but didn't tell that person he didn't own it (in fact, he said it was in california, in storage near his house)

Eventually, i found out and Bryan realized he couldn't make $ when it would cost $1,000 to ship a car from Ohio to california, so bryan just gave me his phone #, so we've now got a new fella on the board - 66 Goat (who will soon have my '66 tripower for a restoration)

unfortunately, 66 goat lost an opportunity buy a WS engine for the goat because of it all - was waiting to buy the car and thought it was in california - had planned on going to buy it that weekend but obviously couldn't, when he found out the car was over 1,000 miles away

anyways, i'm trying to encourage bryan to simply ask for finders fees - instead of trying to 'broker' with other people's $

he asked that i post that inquiry on the rustfree car so protect his identity - then immediately posts saying it was him

oh well

Anyways
The notice that there aren't stickers on the trunk is a good one - i bet it's a repaint
and at 8,500 - you're paying a lot for originality....

On the other hand, you'll probably pay 4k for a decent GTO and it'll need 3k in bodywork and won't be nearly as nice as the body on this one

Last edited by baron_; 04-06-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:25 PM
On Vacation

Question: Can this car be a work in progress driver with minimal effort?

If someone gives me name an number to the location of this car and I buy, I will pay finders fee.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bryan's baby - i know nothing - just posted the description and pictures at his request

he did tell me it hadn't ran in 25 years - i suspect it'll need brakes, gas - everything rubber

Old 04-06-2006, 12:50 PM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron_
Bryan's baby - i know nothing - just posted the description and pictures at his request

he did tell me it hadn't ran in 25 years - i suspect it'll need brakes, gas - everything rubber
That would work for me. If it is something I can work at that can be driveable with miminimal work I am happy. I will restore later.

Bryan, Let me know. Tell me what your finders fee is and I am good for my word. Hook me up!

Old 04-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Car looks decent based on pictures. Rust free is blessing if true. Trunk looks good, floor pans most likely good. The interrior shot shows a decent interior, dash about $375 or so...... Looks to be complete and a nice project for someone to start with. I don't think $8500 is too high.......my 2 cents....

Brad

Old 04-06-2006, 05:14 PM

I agree with with mwritter and Brad. Half of the cars out there don't have original engines. If you can avoid welding and work with what is bolted on, you save alot of money, and the integrity of the body is still there. If I wasn't busy with my project, I would consider buying it for $8,500.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to 6tee7goat

Well if Bryan if brokering the deal for the buyer and the seller won't budge off of $8,500, then what will the actual cost be to the buyer for the car?