Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

custy
Its obvious without you mentioning that you've lived in Italy 28yrs. Your pure Liberal way of thinking shows more than anything. Shows you can only think like a liberal "American" (American in name only) & your comments prove it. I am taking care of my obligation to all involved & it's obviously not do to any of your self proclaimed "good samaritan" efforts. Its been posted by many so far that your comments are not needed or wanted & that's by people directly involved & not. I don't really care.

I don't have the time or the need to even entertain your ridiculous request. After all who do you think you are anyway Harry Reid? Come on next your gunna say "word is out Ron hasn't paid taxes for 10yrs" LOL!! After all you said "How about it Ron, share with us and I will be less critical." Just like your liberal friends did to Romney after all same thinking to get a bite. LOL!!!

The list? Sure there's a list, there's actually two & it's changed over time in a few ways. One for the old & one for the new. Since its up to me & me alone on the best way to get everyone completed in the most efficient, fastest way without or the shortest pauses possible for lack of funds.

If I'm short on funds & the next in line is going to cost me $70 to ship that one set but I can easily send two or even three sets for the same amount or a few buck more. After all the DB thread trolls that have nothing to do with this or the selfish crusty will surely post to bash no matter what. Two or three happy customers are far better then one in a pinch.

When I came back I had a few guys to chose from in my state that would be about the same shipping. I did go out of order on the two that got there's. Friztcat was only 20min away & I hand delivered them. The other was Jim Moshier a few hours away. I shipped them & was cheap. I picked them because of the cost & the fact that they didn't post anything years ago or up to then that would have contributed to why I went belly up in 06'. There actions didn't effect anyone else.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Now so the quick readers or scimmers that may have missed it. Aron posted on 10/17/11 of last year that I had many sets that could ship out. Also that I did not have the funds to coat them or to ship them & we could use some help to get this over with quickly. Any amounts owed would be paid back after the last set leaves & the next sale arrives. Or the credit could be used towards another set.
Well, 6-7 guys did just that. They have had there sets ever since & either enjoyed them or set them aside what ever. Ya Ya I know what a friggin CROOK huh. The nerve... The guys that got an extra set some sold them to get there money owed back (pesky capitalism LOL). One guy got other parts from me that were actually worth maybe a little more than the owed amount. Yep that's right sure dont sound like a Crook!!!!! By the way jaderson was one of those guys.

crustysarge could have had his set then & so could Ducks Goat. Wow, wait, you would think the way they post that they were never to get them.... Ya, instead they posted griping & whining about that's so wrong to get us our headers uncoated & a lousy shipping. Whaaa!!!!

They said they couldn't trust me to get the rest of the money owed to them. Also bitched about "oh now I gotta coat them". It wouldn't cost them more because they would get there refund on the difference but there minds couldn't see that simple concept. The would just rather do something that was totally counter productive with b!tching.

I offered to crusty to have him pay the coater direct without me involved since he whined about the cost bening 2-3 times more over seas. He cant be satisfied. Then demanded with threats of closing me down unless I contacted him. I answered EVERY question he wanted in the first PM but for some reason he turn that one into 4-5 more with the same redundant things. I wont play that game again.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have said in the past all refunds are last period. So crusty should obviously know where he is in line last. After all here's his own quote in two separate posts

"Know how much ass kicking I have taken from my wife for this scam? My only way out now is I want my money back."
==============================================
It is very simple, refund my cash and mail me the parts I sent or finsih my headers and mail them to me as promised almost a year ago. Nothing more, nothing less.

===============================================

Sorry your wife beats ya crusty. Maybe that's how its done over there......

Ducks Goat can rest assured knowing he's on the refund list too. I don't think he needs them & I would rather not. So now he can rest knowing his order is next to crusty.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
Under normal circumstances, 'scam' would be an unacceptable term. However this is not a normal circumstance. CUSTOMERS of Ron have every right to be frustrated and therefore will continue to be allowed to make comments about their assessment of this situation. I would ask that everyone involved try to control their frustration as name calling and threats really are not accomplishing anything. There is PLENTY of information supplied in this topic to allow new readers to make their own decision about whether to take a chance on prepaying for headers from Ron. ALL members NOT involved are required to stay OUT of the topic.
Now since when do the POS thread trolls with there BS posts to Fear monger others have more power than the mods? Clearly these dumb arsses dis respect both cass & the other mods like b-man every time they post.

required usually means not optional

Also sorry cass for calling names but its clearly OK to call me names for years, so I didn't start it

Old 08-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedgoat View Post
Crustysarge, exactly what headers did you order?

Also what specifically are all the other people waiting for 1st gen FB, 2", stainless?

I've ordered 2 sets at different times and they were delivered. One set was a week late but they did get delivered. Both were 1 3/4" for 70-81 birds & 68-73 A bodies one set d-port the other o-port. These he had jigs for, was capable of making them, and getting them shipped out.

Do COMPLETED jigs exist for the sets people are waiting for? Or did people basically preorder hoping things would just work out?

Either way I would do business with Ron again. That is, I would order something which has been shipping out.
Just so the trolls don't start in with conspiracy BS hears pics of the 1 gen F-body hears & some of the jigs. There's a small jig for each tube & a finishing jig for final weld up. So 5-6 jigs total per header.
This is Joseph

Old 08-24-2012, 04:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have to pay for the box order that's around $400 before anything else leaves & also some flanges. So please scare of the orders I could use the rest

Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wow, I am impressed with the effort some are putting forward to try and lure me into being obnoxious and then getting banned. Nice effort but it won’t work. If you can’t distinguish between “over there” and a US Citizen Native Texan who WORKS for the US Military overseas then that is your problem. You can talk trash about me all day but at the end of the day I am the one who paid for something that has not been delivered.

So let’s stop the little game of back and forth and get back on track.

Where is my money or my headers?

Ron, you took my money and broke your commitment, plain and simple. No amount of excuses or reasons will ever change that. Every time I hear I could have had them already if only I would have paid more money for what I had already paid for sure sounds like a scam to me. Good money after bad is not how things get resolved.

So as stated before, either send me what I paid for or send me my money and I will then go away. Until I see one of those two items I will continue to post freely what I believe to be right.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

RustedGoat, they were simple D-port 2nd Gen F-Body headers, already jigged up.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:16 AM

I'm one of the guys that received my headers from Ron last year. I had paid my shipping and coating cost up front in Sept 2010. When information was posted that Ron had headers laying around his shop that he couldn’t afford to ship, I had to decide if I wanted to work with Ron and get headers or keep waiting. Knowing that Ron is NOT a crook but a hard working enthusiast, I decided to send money for shipping. Ron called me before shipping and we agreed that I have a “credit” for the coating and shipping cost I had already paid. I received my headers within a week of that call.

These headers are the best fitting that I have used. Its worth the wait for these “custom” hand build headers. Look at the pics.

Ron, I’m excited to see the 2” headers. Whenever you have a set of 2” d-port for a firebird or GTO that are ready to be shipped, contact me. You can apply my “credit” toward that set and I’ll be happy to send the rest of the money.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Suspended

Looks good Ron. Now you can hopefully speed things up a bit.

To expand on what Ron said a little....there are 5-6 jigs per header. So 10-12 jigs per header set. For these new headers the multi-piece tubes are assembled in their own individual jig, and when the building of that tube is done the tube is transferred to the main jig. The header has to be unbolted and trial fitted to the test frame and motor many times during this process to check things since the design is new. He has ONE head.....and that head has to be moved from side to side when he switches from the passenger header to the drivers header for example. All those clamps have to be tightened and untightened every time the header leaves the jig.

For those not familiar with welding...the heat from the welding makes metal move a LOT. If the header isnt securely clamped a fraction of a millimeter movement at the header flange could mean a tube off by a half inch where it is supposed to meet the Y collector and secondaries, etc......you get the idea. That doesnt include all the bending of tubes, cutting of tubes, grinding to get the tube connecting angles right, etc.

Its labor intensive. And you are getting a hand built header. I am dying to see the day when he is caught up.

In crustysarge's case a set was built for him, but as with many others Ron didnt have the cash left to coat them or ship them. I talked with crustysarge and offered to let him pay the coater directly a 2nd time. Disclaimer here: I dont blame him for saying NO. There is no reason anyone should have to pay coating twice. Anyone. But some chose to do so, and they now have a credit with Ron, to either be refunded that amount when he can, or apply to another set of headers. That credit at least is a LESSER amount that when they were owed a set of headers and they also got headers. So while not perfect, it worked for some people.

I can say this......if Ron were able to build 5 sets of headers in 5 days and go fishing on the weekends, I think he would. Anything to forget about headers. As it stands, unless something interferes he's out there working 7 days a week for the 1.5 yrs I've known him so far.

Has anyone fallen through the cracks on new orders? Apparently there are a couple. Please email me if you feel you have and I am going to try with Ron to work out a way to get them done. He also does need new orders to keep the process moving.

P.S. - I am waiting to hear back from Mr Twister on how he'd like to handle my own issue with him

Old 08-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ron......you have a PM

Old 08-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Woo Hoo, I've been moved from the header list to the refund list without requesting to be done so. Trust me I won't hold my breath while waiting.

1967 Firebird 400 bench seat, deluxe interior, auto
1965 GTO 462, KRE unported D-port heads, Bullet 234/244 cam, th400, tight 10" converter, 3.73 gears, 87 octane, 3440 lbs. empty,1.59 60ft, 7.159@95.33 (1/8), a real daily driver, been totaled, rolled 3 times, hit a tree airborne.
1961 Catalina 2 door htp
1960 Ventura 4 door htp wife's car
1960 B'ville 2 door htp
1960 Catalina Wagon wife's car too
Old 08-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey crusty I got your headers and the look and fit fantastic. Thanx, now shut up

Steve
Ps arron, your wasting a ton of energy fightin with these guys. If I were you I would just keep up your hard work and pass on the war of words. Still waiting for that call

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's
Old 08-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ron, what's up with all the political stuff?? I don't see how that adds value to the product or the business image. As one of your original customers and as we have discussed in the past. My advice, focus on getting the headers done and out there. Aronhk MD is a saint for dealing with the hassle of responding to everyone's questions, concerns and providing status. The product speaks for itself and as you fill the orders, the negative PR goes away. I know it all feels personal and all, but you got a business to run and that is where your attention needs to be focused. Those people PO'd about the wait are going to PO'd until they get their headers and they have a right to be. Adding new projects does not make the issue better from their perspective. If it were me, I would be pumping out uncoated 2nd gen 1 3/4 primary, 3" collector headers in D and O ports as fast as I could to fill old orders. No coating, collector, material or diameter choices beyond that. That's the extent of my un-solicited, un-asked for opinion.

From my perspective, I am somewhat holding off on a cylinder head purchase as I would like to go round port but I have enough confidence in the product that I won't do so without going to a set of these headers. However, I am not buying a set until all of the older orders are filled including Crusty's issue addressed. In the end, I will probably keep my 2rd run D ports modified with a larger collector and go with a KRE head to resolve the issue on my end.

71 Formula 433, Splayed cap 400 block, 4" stroke Scat forged crank, 6.8 Eagle rods, custom Autotec pistons. SD 295 KRE D ports, Old faithful hybrid roller, Torker II, Holley Sniper Stealth, Tribal Tubes, TKO 600, 3.73 Eaton posi.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Formula8, I agree, not sure where the whole liberal thing came from or why. Looks like he has Roadrage David writing for him...My staunch right wing conservative Tea Party views have nothing to do with Ron not shipping me my headers or giving me my money back. Just goes to show he has sense of how to run a business.

Ifdsteve, nice to know you got mine, your welcome! Unlike me, you must be a special guy in Ron's eye. But let's not be rude and tell me to shut up, there is no sense in that. Now if you want to pay me for my headers since you have them that would be nice and I would go away for sure. But since I know you won't, I'll keep posting like this:

Another day has come and gone. Still no money or headers. Coming up quickly on two years. DO NOT send your hard earned cash to Ron Watts, he took mine and lied, and then continued to lie and then fell silent. He occasionally wakes up and blames me for sending him my money. He treats me like it is my fault he stole my money and then ignored me like others who are still waiting.

His endeavor needs to fail and he needs to pay his debts or go to jail.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

...Aron....you need to clear out your PM box to receive any more messages!...

Old 08-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Suspended

lfdsteve - I respond more for the people watching to have answers than to fight with anyone. It helps to respond to certain issues as an explanation for anyone watching. I'm going to try calling you tomorrow I hope.

Formula8 - no saint, just dont want these headers to go away, trying to help those waiting, and trying to help Ron. Unfortunately there isnt enough interest in just the original headers to keep things going. Orders for just the one style trickle in. By adding new styles I am hoping he has a broader customer base to take orders from. More orders can hopefully mean finishing the old orders sooner. Every month that squeaks by just paying the bills does NOT pay to make an old order set.

rontiac - just cleared out the tiny mailbox PY allows. lol

Old 08-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

PM sent

Old 08-26-2012, 05:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you sell parts? How much for a set of 2" roundport flanges and maybe some 2" to 2 1/4" Y connectors.

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 08-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustysarge View Post
Formula8, I agree, not sure where the whole liberal thing came from or why. Looks like he has Roadrage David writing for him...My staunch right wing conservative Tea Party views have nothing to do with Ron not shipping me my headers or giving me my money back. Just goes to show he has sense of how to run a business.
Well, I could give a rip about your Tea Bagger street cred but we could agree that if you paid for headers, you should get them in a reasonably timely manner. Outside of that, I don't want any of my comments about your situation to be interpreted as an endorsement of the way the issue has been handled.

71 Formula 433, Splayed cap 400 block, 4" stroke Scat forged crank, 6.8 Eagle rods, custom Autotec pistons. SD 295 KRE D ports, Old faithful hybrid roller, Torker II, Holley Sniper Stealth, Tribal Tubes, TKO 600, 3.73 Eaton posi.
Closed Thread