Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 03:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

....stil waighting patiendly. Im sure il get them,..

Old 02-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Pontiac Performance Author

1263 posts! Is that a record ?? How many headers have been shipped since the first set went out the door ??

Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN CROCIE View Post
1263 posts! Is that a record ?? How many headers have been shipped since the first set went out the door ??
I don't know that answer, but I sure wish guys like you, HO Racing, were still in business. I never had any problems with the thousands of dollars I spent with you!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Pontiac Performance Author

thanks 73ta. Sometimes I wish I was too-especially when I have to buy stuff from the aftermarket and it doesn't fit. BTW Ron's headers fit the '78 T/A with the all alum. 535 Just fine.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ken you have a PM.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Talking Definition of a Ponzi Scheme!

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Hundreds of millions of dollars has been recovered so far in a massive Ponzi scheme that attracted more than 1 million investors from the United States and all over the world, according a court filing in the case.

The Securities and Exchange Commission in August froze the company's assets, and a federal judge appointed a receiver — Charlotte attorney Kenneth Bell — to recoup money for the victims.

The SEC has said the company operated by Paul Burks of Lexington, N.C., was running a $600 million Ponzi scam — where money from new investors is used to pay out old ones

Sound familiar?

Old 03-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Seriously, I can not understand how everyone keeps referring to Tribal Tubes as a ponzi scam. He is trying to make a product for a very, very limited market. If there are no sales theres no income and overhead costs still need to be payed. Do you really think there were/are enough orders placed to make this a "scam" worth doing? How many headers are owed to people 10, 20, 30? Do the math, your might be talking about $20,000 over how many years. It might be more, it might be less but your not talking about enough to even be considerer something that is a planned scam.

Yes, I ordered 2 sets and I received them. I ordered when things were moving along and I would order again if I needed to.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:02 PM

There is no doubt that this situation did not go as planned for Ron. But I have to give him some credit for hanging in there and making good on as many back orders as he can. I ordered a set and received them. I will be ordering another set soon for my 68 Firebird. I don't have any doubt that I will receive those headers.

The problem with this thread is once someone receives their headers, they move on, and we don't hear about the 99% that are happy. We keep hearing from the lingering haters that are very bitter, not because they lost money, but because they don't have a set of headers they can't get anywhere else, and they continue to fester.

I can't believe the ground clearance and the perfect fit on my 2nd Gen T/A. The haters are scraping their "over priced" Doug's headers on every speed bump and gutter they cross. Then they fester more because they don't have any other good options.

Put yourself in Ron's shoes. Your resources are maxed out. You are determined to fill all past orders. And you have a certain few that drag you through the mud relentlessly. And then ask yourself the question, which orders should I fill first? In my book, the haters come last.

The Ponzi scheme analogy is a joke, hardly worth commenting about. Generally speaking, the idea of a Ponzi scheme is to get rich. This is not happening selling headers for the Pontiac community. This is not a get rich idea, even if Ron had been successful from the beginning. Ron would have to be doing this for the love of the hobby, because you are not going to get rich making custom headers for $500.

It is very unfortunate that everyone that sent money didn't get headers. I hope everyone that has money in the game gets their headers soon, and I believe they will, even the haters. But the situation is what it is, and remaining bitter does not solve the problem.

2007 Pontiac Solstice
Old 03-02-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtxman View Post
Put yourself in Ron's shoes. Your resources are maxed out. You are determined to fill all past orders. And you have a certain few that drag you through the mud relentlessly. And then ask yourself the question, which orders should I fill first? In my book, the haters come last.
I take exception to this comment... "... haters come last."!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!!!

How about delivering the product in the order in which the money was received!
In a few weeks it will be one year for me! ONE YEAR!!! This is suppose to be a business not some "deal" where you can cut in line...

THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE: DELIVER THE PRODUCT TO THOSE WHO HAVE PAID IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER OR GIVE THE MONEY BACK.

Last edited by ClassicDriverMan; 03-02-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedgoat View Post
Seriously, I can not understand how everyone keeps referring to Tribal Tubes as a ponzi scam. He is trying to make a product for a very, very limited market. If there are no sales theres no income and overhead costs still need to be payed. Do you really think there were/are enough orders placed to make this a "scam" worth doing? How many headers are owed to people 10, 20, 30? Do the math, your might be talking about $20,000 over how many years. It might be more, it might be less but your not talking about enough to even be considerer something that is a planned scam.

Yes, I ordered 2 sets and I received them. I ordered when things were moving along and I would order again if I needed to.
So your saying....by producing a product that has a limited audience he can take money and not supply a product?

If the market is restricted then he isn't charging enough for the product.

Maybe you can offer one set of your headers to someone who didn't get any?

Old 03-02-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post
So your saying....by producing a product that has a limited audience he can take money and not supply a product?

+1 to that!

Old 03-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post

Didn't say anything like that at all. If bills aren't paid you get shut down, end of story. I would have done things differently, but I'm not Ron. I timed my purchases when other people were ordering and orders were being shipped. I hope everyone does get their headers. Its a shame that its a catch 22 for him new orders are going to be slow coming in if old orders aren't filled. Old orders are cant be filled until new orders come in. People owed headers have every right to complain but that isn't going to change the situation. Anyone placing an order is aware of delays and possibly very long delays. I just think crook, scam, ponzi are all wrong in this case. Headers do seem to be going out and hopefully with warmer weather coming more orders get placed and things get caught up this year. Still have no idea on the quantity of headers have owed to people.
Good luck to all

Old 03-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedgoat View Post

Definition of a Ponzi Scheme: Ponzi scam — where money from new investors is used to pay out old ones. Exactly what's happening!

Old 03-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ta View Post
Definition of a Ponzi Scheme: Ponzi scam — where money from new investors is used to pay out old ones. Exactly what's happening!
Not really in this case, as I see it. Money is going to pay for headers being built and hopefully sent out to those who recently ordered them. I wish I had bought a set when Aron posted that a built set were for sale. But, this thread prevented me from doing so. I have a conscious.

I wish everyone nothing but good luck.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have watched this forever,knew Ron before he ever started this venture.The reason for the failure(and it is a biz failure)IMO is he is not making enough money off of each set he sells.The reason the others are more expensive is the reason the co are still in biz.If you cant make the proper profit to cover the materials and the cost of doing biz it will fail.Your better off making a million friends and borrow a dollar from each.Tom

Old 03-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A manufacturer offers a product for sale. The assumption is you pay for the product, you receive it in exchange for the $. That's the way it typically goes. When you go to the local parts store and pay for a master cylinder, you get a master cylinder. I was thinking of getting a set of his headers but no way now. Everyone who is sticking up for him should put themselves in the shoes of all the people who ordered headers months, and perhaps, over a year ago and not received them and see how they would feel. If i was one who sent out my money and got no headers and it had been a year, you would be calling me a hater because I would be hatin' big time. Simply unacceptable. When Ron comes on here and vaguely implies that some people aren't getting their headers because they are haters says it all for me. No thanks, I'll take a set of speed bump draggin' Doug's.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 PM

id like a set of round port for 67 Bird. Anyone have a set in hand they arent going to use they may sell?

Old 03-05-2013, 06:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ok new readers. Here's just a small example of the BS or posts that these trolls try to spin so that to feed the bashing against me while trying to look sooo innocent.

73ta of course thinks there's any difference between physically threatening me once vrs three times. Even if someone physically threatens anyone just once that person should be banned. But hey if I said it Id be banned.

Here ya go Steve:
On 11/12/08 you posted
Quote:
If he still owed me money I go break his fu&king legs!

On 8/12/10 you posted
Quote:
You should be thankful of this as Napa is a short drive and I could
give you a free Karate lesson if I had a steak in this! And as a martial arts
instructor for over 30 years my ego is just fine, thanks for asking!

There was another in the other tri-y update that the mods deleted. I can find that one too but gee you couldn't even remember more than one. I could waste more time to look through my PY reply to thread emails but your not worth the time spent already. I can keep showing your a POS that either just cant remember the truth about his actions. Or really cant stand it when your called what you really are & try to spin it to look better.

Either one of those threats would be enough to ban anyone.

11/19/08 he said this about my customers & with his kindergarten mentality & of course I would be included
Quote:
you just like a few minutes alone with some of the a$$holes in a dark alley with a baseball bat? You just gotta hope that the good guys will win in the end.
Those examples above show should be enough to show he cant even remember it was more than one threat (like only one was OK)

He couldn't even remember threatening to destroy my credit on 11/01/06 until I posted his quote

This idiot has said a few times thing's like ""I hope everybody who has paid for them gets them tomorrow & I hope Ron gets his business together,""
Then in other posts showing nothing but more slander & intent to shut me down. Obviously he would rather have everyone lose out. If I did get everything cleared up then he would be proven the clown that he is.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

69Goat1
Nice try. You posted as if to call me out on critters set as if I lied about selling them to him. Just goes to show trolls don't usually have over a 1st grade reading skill. All of your posts in this thread are just worthless & proves my point that you trolls all are quick to judge solely from just skimming through a thread & not comprehending any of it except what you choose. So basically just all the bad posts because all the good ones are to boring for you to to read.

Read critters post again before telling me I didn't sell them to critter he says it clearly right in the post. Oh but it wasn't a bad post so you didn't care to actually read it right? Heck even the pics should have told you they weren't even the same design. There are clear differences in the pics.

That should be enough but your lack of understanding even the simplest of things shows you are wrong on your post about Aron.
Quote:
""Where did Aronhk MD go? Wasn't he guaranteeing you guys headers with his own money for backup?""
Wow, yet another moronic post to provoke a heated response & it did get what the response you wanted. If your reading skills were up to par you would know what Aron's guarantee actually was & it wasn't to cover all. I'll let you go back & maybe you can get someone to read it to you since your clueless. It may not come out as friendly from me.That's dissin Aron not just me & Aron has done nothing to deserve your BS post.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

AG
That's absolutely brilliant, did you come up with it all by your self?.... Probably not since its been regurgitated by more than a few of the other trolls only in different words or examples then your master cylinder. Just goes to show each time one of you trolls post it shows just how narrow minded or really naive you troll are.
Im sure if that store only sold master cylinders & only sold 1 or 2 of them at $500 in a month & the operating expense was $1500 just to keep the doors open each month. They could sell more but because there's 50 conspiracy wackos protesting outside saying misleading claims or even some blatant outright lies.
How long do you think it could stay open? Wouldn't be able to restock or pay the expenses.
The only thing you got 1/2 way correct in your worthless post was the part about putting themselves in the shoes of all the people who ordered headers. Which is exactly the way I am thinking. If you trolls actually knew all of the story. Well you would surely know that I am also someone that is waiting for my headers. In fact I have been waiting about a year longer than anyone else. I made a pledge that everyone would get there set before me & that effectively made me the last in line. Even though I have the most power to get my set in just a day or two.
I have stuck to that pledge & as a customer have been waiting for MY set a lot longer than anyone else. I see it in a way that none of these jackas trolls could ever see it. Every time someone else post something that slows or stops the progress I too have to wait longer. Just like the guys in line before me.
The way you trolls & the actual customers think is that person who makes the most noise & makes everyone else (including me) wait longer should get there's right now, even if there were guys before him? Get real, I want my headers just as bad & so do others that don't scream like a kid in Walmart. Also if the guy is intent on stopping me from getting everyone (including himself) completed then screw it! I will get as many of the others out before him. If that person stops me before he gets his I sure hope I got everyone else. I most likely will still feel bad but hey I didn't cause it. So the dumb comment Larry said is far from true. It's Not out of spite but because I can & do see exactly the way the other guys feel.
So try to see it from my shoes which is like the others waiting ONLY my set cost me over 200k so far & not some 500 or so bucks. Some may have lost some driving time & I'm not happy about that but I have lost 8yrs of drive time. I sold more rare parts than 99% of you would never own, I lost my home & frequent food banks because all the funds I make from header sales or side jobs go to nothing other then whats needed to get this done.