Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Winter storage in northern IL

Anyone know where there may be some space available? I need to find a place for the 66 for the winter.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Senior Chief

Ive seen your 66 send it on a vacation to sunny Florida your more then welcome to use some of my garage space 2112 sq/ft Will be more then happy to show it some of what Florida has to offer, Don Garlits Drag Racing Musuem car show in december, Kissimmie old town show every saturday for classics, Daytona Turkey Rod Run just to name a few.
Yhink about it and let me know ASAP space is limited to the first 3

Michael Hughes Sr
1966 GTO Convertable: Stolen never recovered
1966 GTO Hard Top .30 over 455 4-Speed 3:23 Posi
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Find a half a dozen like-minded friends and contact commercial real estate agents. They often have vacant industrial buildings they will rent for the winter. Only drawback is if they find a tenant, you have to move your cars out.

Last year some winter rental places came up on craigslist. One was a large warehouse in Morton Grove, kind of far from South Elgin though.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Senior Chief

Paul you might get more help up in the Lobby I dont think it will get moved there.

Michael Hughes Sr
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 AM

Default Winter Storage

We have a 60,000 sq. ft. heated building in Rockford,Illinois. There are currently 50 GTOs, Cameros, GSXs, Mustangs, LeMans....Trailers...Motor Homes and other stored
items. Rent is $80.00 monthly for a car....stored items are at owners risk. Building is all concrete block with fire suppression sprinklers and 24/7 monitored security system. This is a working facility and staff personnel are there daily including weekend and holidays.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Cocoma View Post
We have a 60,000 sq. ft. heated building in Rockford,Illinois. There are currently 50 GTOs, Cameros, GSXs, Mustangs, LeMans....Trailers...Motor Homes and other stored
items. Rent is $80.00 monthly for a car....stored items are at owners risk. Building is all concrete block with fire suppression sprinklers and 24/7 monitored security system. This is a working facility and staff personnel are there daily including weekend and holidays.
Thanks Chuck. Rockford is a bit far for me. I appreciate it though. Your price is very reasonable too.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
Anyone know where there may be some space available? I need to find a place for the 66 for the winter.
We have space here in Lakemoor, IL, give me a call to discuss.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Senior Chief

So im guessing here, That would be a no.

Michael Hughes Sr