Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
I just don't understand what the issue is with having an EFI section. Why such a resistance?

There are late model LS powered and swap sections, is it this difficult to support an EFI retrofit section? It's obvious there's a legitimate need for it.

I just don't get it...

There's a whole section devoted to a model only made for 3 years...
Tomorrow will be 2 months since I sent my message, haven't even a gotten a courtesy reply...

Old 04-07-2020, 09:45 PM
Boost Engineer

They have been busy deleting posts in the Race Section.

So in this EFI section, what kinds of information would you personally be posting up?

Two way street.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
I just don't understand what the issue is with having an EFI section. Why such a resistance?

There are late model LS powered and swap sections, is it this difficult to support an EFI retrofit section? It's obvious there's a legitimate need for it.

I just don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
They have been busy deleting posts in the Race Section.

So in this EFI section, what kinds of information would you personally be posting up?

Two way street.

Tom V.
I understand Tom, that another section, (any section) that was full of the vitriol and bs that goes on in the race section is just another pain in a moderator's butt...
I have several lengthy threads in the street section on efi, mostly to share with others my experience converting to sequential fuel and spark, and figuring out as I go all the things that are possible and sharing those as well. More importantly to this discussion of a dedicated efi section, is the 2 years before I did it that I tried to research. Here, it involved massive searches due to the information being scattered everywhere... I did plenty of research in other places as well, but this is where I come for Pontiac specific stuff, because of the wealth of information we have here. It sure would be nice to share this information in a centralized section for the benefit of everyone. I HOPE that there will be an increase in boosted Pontiacs in time, but I believe the increase of those going to efi will be a significant multiple of that number.
If you're asking what can I contribute as far as helping with general upkeep of the section, or moderation, I would help however I could. I am no efi expert, but I see the value of not having another section that gets way off track, and would be happy to help with keeping things on track and civilized. I'm sure there are others as well that would be happy to help out, in order to further the site, and help those in our community here looking for information of this type related to our Pontiacs.

Last edited by Scott65; 04-07-2020 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Clarification
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott65 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2022, 04:14 AM

I would be interested in an EFI section. Would be good to pick the brains of people who have done it and learn from them.

The Following User Says Thank You to fbd73 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2022, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good luck. Getting close to 2 years now with not even a courtesy reply to my message to the admin. Meanwhile we still have good discussions about efi, scattered about. I appreciate the site. But I feel the resistance to modernization is counter productive. And then everyone will get up in arms when another Pontiac gets an LS...

Old 02-22-2022, 08:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I see this would be good so people could post Pontiac-specific EFI info, quirks, fitment solutions, combo-specific suggestions, useful modifications specific to Pontiacs, etc. Things like intake selection/availability, system/component pros & cons on Pontiacs, Fuel system solutions, you name it.

Think about how many people have very common engine builds/combos, and are hesitant, or have to reach out to other sources (even pay) to get an initial tune on their' cars. How many stump puller/aluminum head combos are in use here? (as an example)

And as previously stated, searching here is becoming more and more difficult, especially when looking for a specific thread or topic. Many times Google provides better results for PY threads.

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-22-2022, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

As for moderators, I'm sure someone would step up. From a biz perspective, this site certainly generates sales, and the better it gets, the better sales do.

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-22-2022, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not surprisingly, on the sites that encourage efi, and provide a place in the forums for it, the folks from the vendors usually show up to help field questions on their products, and often offer sponsorship type contributions/ whatever is involved with becoming an "approved vendor" or whatever terminology is popular on the site.

Old 02-22-2022, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Yup, pretty much any EFI related thread is dominated by the same narrative. Carb people that don't run EFI think it's unreliable and complex, EFI people tend to have to defend the fact that they aren't having issues with it.

Good or bad about EFI, the information gets lost in the push pull that occurs when asking about it in the general street forum. Carb people won't frequent the EFI forum for the same reason Pontiac purists don't frequent the Non-Pontiac motor forum.

Old 02-22-2022, 05:39 PM

Admin has been notified.

There’s no good reason not to add another sub forum.

Trying.

Old 02-22-2022, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Bart

Old 02-23-2022, 01:37 PM
Senior Chief

I’m still shocked that this wasn’t done on initial request… it’s almost like those who control the forums want the hobby to wither and die out. Why would you not want a section that has the potential to breath new life into the hobby? It’s a complicated enough topic to justify its own section. Between all of the moving parts, wiring, ECU choices and programming… and it’s an area of interest for anyone who is not a die hard purest who would stand for nothing but the period correct paint and numbers matching glove box insert.

This should have been done YEARS ago! It will help those who are interested in upgrading their Pontiac’s to EFI… who knows, perhaps breath some life into a dying hobby.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 03-29-2022, 02:27 PM

Thumbs up

New EFI forum.

Sorry for the delay.

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...play.php?f=570

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2022, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you! Can I contact you to move a couple of my threads there?

Old 03-29-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott65 View Post
Thank you! Can I contact you to move a couple of my threads there?
Sure can.