Old 05-26-2020, 08:44 PM
Senior Chief

Default Fuel line routes

Hello all,
Looking to reroute the 3/8 and 1/4 lines away from the passenger header. What routes using hard line have some of you done? Looking at the vent line going to the charcoal canister on the driver side has me thinking of taking a similar path on the passenger.
Thanks

Old 10-15-2020, 07:56 AM
Senior Chief

This reply is no doubt months too late, however, since I've now run into the same issue, I can reply.

I cut mine on the outside of the passenger side frame. Bent the return line (which is not in use right now since a Carter mechanical pump is in use) so that it exits on top of the frame. Capped off there. Flared the fuel line and coupled a new hard section also on top of the frame. Then switched to Teflon braided steel flex section, went to the front crossmember and under the oil pan.

Hope this helps.

Stuart
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel-line.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	551431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Braided.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	551432   Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel-pump.png
Views:	204
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	551433  

Old 10-15-2020, 08:52 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks, actually no you’re not late. Lol
Once again the car has gotten pushed to the side for other projects this year. I have new fuel pump and hard lines ready to bend on the bench but that’s as far as I made it. Thanks for the pictures. Definitely thinking the same route but wasn’t sure yet. One of my reasons for the change is vapor lock and the fact I wanted to start using my return line again..

Old 10-15-2020, 05:40 PM
Senior Chief

Excellent! Glad to be of some help. It's completely understandable, putting the car to the side for awhile. Same issue here, a transmission and engine swap have dragged on since early this year. Personal health, Covid, work and household issues get in the way.

Doing the fuel lines as shown definitely still allows for extending the vapor return line under the oil pan as well. My own plan, next engine change, is to use a Power Surge from RobbMC, and that requires the vapor return line, so the thinking here is the same as yours!

Keep us posted on your progress!

Stuart

Old 10-17-2020, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

NHRA rule book states that the fuel line must be in a conduit within the area it passes by the flexplate / flywheel area.

Did you guys abide by this?
Also, did you run the bypass (if used) right next to the supply?

I was thinking of using adel clamps and nut certs.

I'll be doing this in a few months.

Old 10-17-2020, 11:12 PM
Senior Chief

Mine is in the stock location, outside of the frame, in that area.

Stuart